Ti4200 @ Ti4600 speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ti4200 @ Ti4600 speeds

Strapped for cash and waiting to see how the DX9 wars pan out, I've overclocked my 4200 to 300/600. What puzzles me is that it does not seem unstable based on 3Dmark2001 and there seems to be no extra heat emission from it's last setting of 290/580. HSF is barely warm to the touch. Throw in the fact that I didn't have to up the AGP voltage and I'm concerned. How is this possible?!

I'd like to know how you guys test the stability of your video card overclock. I'd hate to lose the card.

Originally posted by Pritzl
    I'd like to know how you guys test the stability of your video card overclock. I'd hate to lose the card.
    simple, we game :)
    the best way I know know to test a vid. card is to crank up the graphics on my newest FPS and frag away for a couple hours...if nohing happens (bad that is) and there is no noticable artifacts, then as far as I'm concerned, it's all good =)

but as for OC a 4200 up to 4600 speeds, it's pretty common; in fact I've got mine just over 4600 speeds...although I did up the voltage slightly

Comment

I don't own a single FPS, but I do have IL-2:Forgotten Battles and seems stable enough. We'll see. Thanx for the help.

PS: You a flight-simmer too? (Noticed the stick in your rig sig - btw, is that a sidewinder base with an X45 handle? How on earth did you manage that? Or is it just my bad eyesight?)

Comment

you can also download and run 3Dmark 03 which is graphics benchmarking software

available at Futuremark.com

Originally posted by Pritzl
        PS: You a flight-simmer too? (Noticed the stick in your rig sig - btw, is that a sidewinder base with an X45 handle? How on earth did you manage that? Or is it just my bad eyesight?)
        it's a logitech Wingman Extreme ;)
        I've got a couple old flight sims but I primarly use it for flying in Battlefield 1942 and some of it's Mods..it's not too realistic for flying, but it's fun anyway :)

I've thought about trying out IL-2 but I really can't afford to be buying any more games atm

Comment

cc, tx. I've already run 3Dmark03 a couple of times, seems fine.

Comment

Working...
          X