128mb 9200 vs. 128mb 5600?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 128mb 9200 vs. 128mb 5600?

I am about to order purchase my brother components for his lil monster...a 2600+ on a Epox 8RDA+ w/ 256mb x 2. I was gonna go with the 128mb 9200 from ATi but i noticed today nVidia has the 128mb 5600 from around the same price. The thing is that the 5200 claims it supports Direct X 9 while the 9200 is back there with DX8.1. I figured the 5600 would be a better deal especially for some one like my bro that likes to keep his comps years at a time. How is the 5200 compared to 9200 perfromance wise? Is the 9200 better off or does the 5200 stay ahead with performance as well?

Thx in advance... :)
    - Damien

The only disadvantage of ATi 9200 is that only supports DirectX 8.1 you can not play the latest game like GUN METAL that is DirectX 9 game. i think you should go for the nvidia 5600 they support DirectX 9.

Comment

Originally posted by geoler
      The only disadvantage of ATi 9200 is that only supports DirectX 8.1 you can not play the latest game like GUN METAL that is DirectX 9 game. i think you should go for the nvidia 5600 they support DirectX 9.
      He CAN play it, it doesn't require a dx9 "video card" to be played. It just runs better with one.. :devil win

He needs the dx9 "software" installed in order to play though..

Comment

might as well go with dx9 support, if you don't you'll probably wish you had sometime in the future

Comment

Thats what i thought ....thx guys..
          - Damien

Comment

okay, you bought it. next new guy askin this stuff can find great info at tomshardware.com . check out the real world benchmarks.
            :thumb:

Comment

128mb 5600 from around the same price. The thing is that the 5200
              Which fx card are we talking about?
              athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
              tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
              asus a7n8xe-dlx
              thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
              bfg 6800gt
              seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
              samsung dvdrw
              2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
              logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
              2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
              creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
              mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
              DFI infinity nf4 ultra
              thermaltake tsunami dream -black
              seagate sataII 500gb
              evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
              samsung sata dvd-rw
              2x1024 ocz black
              logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
              ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Originally posted by geoler
                You should'nt be allowed in these forums with advice like that, of course he can play direct x9 games with a direct 8.1 card, my ti4200 dose'nt have directx9 support but I still play nascar2003 witch useds directx9 support, god is this guy for reall or what lol every town has one lol, the radeon 9200pro will be a good card mate as its a very good budget card so go with that if yu ask me but you do what you feel is best but i like radeon cards sas i have a radeon 9800pro and it is out of this world. alot of money though lol.

Comment

I know the fx has the support for x9 but i dont worry about that at this day and age but if you looking to pay just that little bit more the radeon 9600pro has an atlantes saphire card out with has x9 support and its only 150 pound here in the uk as i was looking at one for my brother today.

Comment

I have seen a 9600pro without direct x9 support to but for an extra 10 pound i wouldhave it but like i say i woulde'nt worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X