NEEd help.. what video card???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEEd help.. what video card???

im hopeing you people can help me. im looking for a videocard to do well with ACAD 2002. and 3d max . also to play games. im not looking for a top notch video card. i want something good and affordable.. affordable i mean $ 50 price range. is that being realistic. ??? if anyone has experience with this stuff could u please help.. i have questions id like to ask.
    thanks ron

Your being very unrealistic there. If you want a descent graphics card that can handle todays games then i doubt you'd be able to get anythin below $150. But for under $50 i guess you could get a ge force 4 mx series:o

Comment

Or possibly a used card or a GF3Ti?

Comment

$50? :rofl:

Ya'd be better off lookin' at a low end GF4 Ti4200.

Comment

RADEON 7500 64MB.

RADEON 7500 128MB. <--RUNS LIKE $54.. WHY SO CHEAP??
          RADEON 8500 128MB OR 64MB

ARE THEY ANY GOOD..

Comment

where do u live at? I can sell you my radeon8500LE 64mb for $50 including shipping.. (that's if u live in the U.S. and not alaska or hawaii :thumb: )

Comment

Originally posted by djxtrancex

RADEON 7500 128MB. <--RUNS LIKE .. WHY SO CHEAP??

ARE THEY ANY GOOD..
              Just cause it has a lot of memory doesnt mean its a good card. ITs really the chipset that matters, and the 7500 is not a good chipset. The 8500 is still only comparable to a GF4 MX card.
              <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

I just upgraded from a 7500 64mb to my new AIW 9700 Pro 128mb !!! HUGE DIFFERENCE !!! The 7500 is not that great of a video card...There are much better choices in that price range.
                SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Ahh 8500 is comparable to a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 nearly, beats all Geforce 3 and completly owns a Geforce 4 MX:devil:

Comment

yes the radeon 8500 was a very good card in its day but the ti4200 is x8 now so it has that extra bandwidth which I know people say dose'nt matter but I have an agpx8 card and mobo and I have seen a big difference, but like I say in its day the 8500 was in a class of its own and i dont think there was any other card could beat it in its day as it was the gforce mx in them days and then th g3ti game out but even that didint out proform it.

Comment

Hi guys, this is my first post in another forums and nice to meet you all;)

anyway, kenny 83 and Bulldog UK, I think the ti4200 4x is faster than the 8500 radeon . Even the Gf3 ti200 is still abit faster
                      and djxtrancex I think with that price range like everyone is saying the 8500 would be a good choice but I don't know if could handle 3dmax though.. well good luck:thumb:

Comment

Welcome to TweakTown GunJacc ! Good to have you here. :cheers:
                        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Woww.... a welcoming party... I think I gonna like this forum thanks:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by djxtrancex
                            im hopeing you people can help me. im looking for a videocard to do well with ACAD 2002. and 3d max . also to play games. im not looking for a top notch video card. i want something good and affordable.. affordable i mean $ 50 price range. is that being realistic. ??? if anyone has experience with this stuff could u please help.. i have questions id like to ask.
                            thanks ron
                            One thing that I find interesting is people often forget to build a balanced system. For example....it doesn't make sense to spend $400 on a top of the line CPU and then install a $50 graphics card just like it doesn't make sense to install a 9800Pro or a 5900FX on an old 700MHz celeron system.

If you are planning on building a system you should consider your overall budget, your planned use of the computer, and then plan to build the fastest system possible for your needs and budget.

Most people that frequent these forums are very interested in 3D performance and consequently are more interested in buying a $400 graphics card to go with a $100 CPU and then overclock it. This generally works much better than buying a $400 CPU to go with a $100 graphics card.

Some people think that they should go out and buy a $400 graphics card and then toss it into their old Gateway celeron system figuring they'll save up for the rest of the system and build it in six months. This is a poor strategy because in six months the $400 graphics card will possibly be available for $200.

Then there are people who want to take their old system and give it a relatively inexpensive boost from the 4MB or 8MB onboard graphics controller by adding an inexpensive (sub $50) graphics card. This is probably a good investment along with a little extra RAM to bring a two or four year old computer back to life and still able to play some of the more recent games with reasonable quality. It would be pointless to spend more money on such a sytem for a higher end card IMO.

My second PC (I'm using it to type this message) is primarily for family and kid use and it runs Windows XP on its 900MHz Athlon and GF4MX440 very nicely. I saw a huge improvement when I upgraded the graphics from an older 32MB TNT2. :thumb: It is now a well balanced system...as is my primary system (see signature).

Comment

Working...
                            X