No announcement yet.

Frequent crashes with GFX 5600!! HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent crashes with GFX 5600!! HELP!!

anyone having trouble running his gfx5600??.. I played four a couples of hours yesterday(first day with my fgx5600) and in ALL games same result: after 5 mi aor one hour, the screen goes black, no blue screen or crashed to desktop, just goes black and I have to reboot... anybody seeing this??
    Tanx alot for everyone replying...

More information concerning the system/OS would be extremely helpful here. Also the video card that you replaced. If it was a non-nVidia based board, then you need to completely remove the old driver set before installing the GeForce boards.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

need more details to be be sure
      but seems to me like either ur video card or cpu is overheating. :hammer:

Comment

Overheating he? hum, very possible..and theres a overheating protection that shutdown my pc?? I notice it was a little hot in my open closet. here's some more specs,

MB: Asus kv77 or something, dont remember the exact name
        AthlonXP 1600+
        768 mb SDRAM
        Asus GFX 5600 128m (before: asus Geforce3 ti 4200)
        40g & 60 Western Digital HD's
        WinXP pro Serv. pack 3
        DirectcX 9.0
        Audiophile 2496 with latest drivers

I did try some other test yesterday: same thing... I did remove the drivers from my gf3, but do you guys think that re-installing a brand new XP can solve the problem? Tanx a lot for the replys dudes, appreciated....:cheers:

Comment

haven't you heard of the overheating issues in the gfx 5200-5800 cards?. it could be that. you should've waited for the 5900:)

Comment

Working...
          X