Hercules Radeon 9700 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules Radeon 9700 Pro

I'm using the latest omega drivers and I want to OC my vidcard (I'm not in the ability to extra cool my gpu...)

I guess I'll use this utility that came with the drivers :

Comment

yah, cranking the memory from default of 310MHz to 394MHz is insane; you're lucky your comp screwed up before you could play any games with it, otherwise you would've fried your card completely and had some serious permanent damage :snip: . When you o/c a card, you're always gonna be able to push the GPU settings higher than the RAM, simply because that's where the best cooling is on most cards: over the GPU (fan, HS, etc). Also, remember that RAM is DDR, so 310 actually is 620, so when you went to 390, you were at 780, almost a 21% over o/c :wow: . I dont know much about Radeon cards, but if you wanna o/c any card successfully, crank each setting up 5MHz, set, and play a high performance game (UT2003 works awesome, as it's very sensitive to Video cards). If there's no flickering or artifacts (UT2003 usually will pause whenever the card gets hot, and then keep pausing more frequently as it cant cool down), boost it up another 5MHz. Your RAM will crap out and get too hot before you GPU does, so if you raise up both settings and you see some overheating signs, knock the RAM setting back down to the previous safer setting, but leave the GPU at the same. If it works ok with only the GPU setting still up, keep boosting the GPU setting in increments of 5MHz until you see the signs again, then knock it back down to the safe setting. That way, you'll get your card working at its fullest capacity. Good luck, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Yep ure memory was way to high:laugh:

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X