need help please.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help please.....

As the only real option left to use is USB, then you could simply look for a TV / video USB device that lets you output video to whatever you want. However, they are hard to find. I had a quick look around, and only found a Mac one. Aside from that, you might be able to get a converter from VGA to ..., but I haven't seen any. Hopefully someone else can help out.

Comment

do you have a DVD player for your TV? if so you can burn your movies as VCDs and play them in most DVD players. It is a fairly time consumeing process since it envoles encoding the files....but it works =)

I don't know if all CD burning software will make VCDs (I doubt it), but I do know that Nero will

Comment

Yes i thought of that. But I have like one hundred cd's i should burn again. Not sure if that's the answer...

I'm gonna try to find a proper device i suppose....

Comment

Originally posted by jessy
          Yes i thought of that. But I have like one hundred cd's i should burn again. Not sure if that's the answer...

I'm gonna try to find a proper device i suppose....
          a proper device you say? well there is a Divx player but its limited to divx codecs and i think it costs at least $200

Comment

If you're getting a proper device, you could invest it on a desktop with a graphics card with TV out :)

Comment

I think i might get a Trust televiewer...

Comment

Buy yourself a VGA to SVHS or scart converter and hook up your tv. Here in Sweden they are about $40-50 I think.. :)

Good luck I wish you the best.. :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
                  Buy yourself a VGA to SVHS or scart converter and hook up your tv. Here in Sweden they are about -50 I think.. :)

I'm repeating what he said because that is the best solution. My three year old Macintosh laptop came with a built in S-video but the old 8MB ATi radeon mobility (fastest mobile graphics chip in the world at the time) has a tough time powering external video.

There are an assortment of VGA to TV converters on the market if you search for them, some of them are even capable of converting computer video to TV format at up to 1600x1200 resolution so shop around. With desktops it's not an issue since most high end graphics cards come with video out but the resolution is limited to 800x600 typically. My ATi All in Wonder 9700Pro does up to 1024x768 analogue but it also has digital video output which is a nice feature for expensive digitial TVs.

Making VCDs is not too dificult once your figure it out. There are hundreds of ways to do it but the quality will vary. After extensive testing I've found that the software that came with my ATi card (Pinnacle Studio 8) does an excellent job of capturing analogue video and converting video to VCD. One of the tricks of making successful VCDs is to burn them very slooooow. Any faster than 1 or 2x burn speed and they may not run on a commercial DVD player. Also DVD players vary greatly in their ability to play VCDs. The best thing to do is (in addition to avoiding RCA brand) bring a working VCD to test a DVD player before buying it or as soon as you bring it home so you still have time to take it back.

Comment

Working...
                  X