Clear All

• Radeon 9700 pro ------> HELP

Win XP
    MSI 6565 GNB MAX FISR mobo
    P4 2.66
    Gigabyte GV-9700pro
    2-WD raptor HDD (serial raid)
    twin sticks Corsair XMS 512mb 2700LL

In my device manager it shows I have two 9700 pro installed and enabled, no "!", says they are working properly. I can disable one of them but cant remove it, says that it is "needed to boot" up.
    I just built this computer and its very very unstable, randomly locks up and wont play games :snip: Also I am sharing this 9700 pro IRQ with my on board sound chip. I want to play my BF 1942...... Help me!!!
    [HH]--420

This is one of those things you need to talk to tech support about. But you should try and uninstall the card and its drivers. Then, you should reinstall it (duh). I don't think they have hyper-threading on video cards yet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

I think I can go into my BIOS and manually assign IRQs. my plan is to go and disable my com ports IRQs (they are useless to me), then reassign one of those to my 9700. As far as getting the extra 9700 out of my device manger.....I'm at a loss for. Like you said uninstall my card and reinstall, and hope it don't show up as two again..??:?:

Comment

My advice would also just be re-install:thumb:

Comment

So be it, when I get off work I will try it. I hope it works. I got lots o' time and $ in my system.....hope I can make it all come together. :cheers:

Comment

Keep us posted. And good luck getting things smoothed out.:thumb:
            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

If you read through the windows XP tweak guide, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...=guide&dId=434 it will tell you that even when changing the IRQs in the BIOS, windows will still most of the time reassign them as it sees fit. The guide will be able to tell you some tips on changing them permanently.

Comment

WAIT...
                I just thought of something. Is it possible that you imstalled 2 dofferent versions of the driver, like you installed it with the program the card came with an then installed it with Windows after that. That could be a reason, because you may have checked the box that allows windows to look on-line for the Drivers. About the IRQ ports, i don't really think that that is it
                <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

And about your comp being unstable, try updating your BIOS string and your mobo drivers. Usually that helps a lot for stability issues on mobos.

Comment

Excellent ideas guys! :thumb: It seems like I remember it going thru two driver install sessions when I first powered my baby up. I am reading those tweak guides now....damn good info he has in there. :thumb: :thumb: I have the latest BIOS, not sure about the mobo, I'll check when I get home. I can see now that my evening will be spent fixing and tweaking stuff. Thanks alot :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Comment

It could also simply be detecting the two outputs on the card... When you go into Display properties and look at the Settings, does it show two screens in the picture labelled 1 and 2? If so, what does the drop box name them as? Primary and Secondary display?

Comment

Well, I got rid of the repeat display adapter problem, but the IRQ headache continues....... This dictator of an OS Win XP, does as it damn well pleases, and assigns the IRQ for my video card and sound chip on IRQ 16 although I have free IRQs for it to use Doesn't matter what I do. Any of you guys got any more suggestion??:shrug:

Comment

Did the reformat and reinstall.... everything appears to be fine. BF 1942 play flawless and sure looks purty. My first run thru with 3dmark 2003, gave me a 5082.... I guess thats ok..... thanks to you all. :cheers:

Comment

Glad to hear it mate and any score over 5000 is a good score:thumb:

Comment

Good to hear that things are ok now !! :woot:
                              SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Working...
                              X