Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST DAMN Video card for under $100?

So what's a guy to do?

Can anyone provide me with a short list of best bang for the buck?

I have this old LeadTek GeForce2 Ultra 64MB card and it's starting to get a little long in the tooth.

I would like to get a new one but really don't want to spend more than 100 bucks...well maybe 150 but that's about all I want to shell out at the moment...considering I have to get a new monitor today as well.

Thanks!
    Smile and enjoy the view

I would suggest a GF4 Ti4200, its a very capable card for ~115 usd, and can be o/c ed a good bit for extra performance :thumb:

Comment

I second that, as I am an owner of one . I prefer the MSI Ti4200 that I have, as it came with copper heat spreaders and a nice fan. They sell for about $130 retail, $100 bulk (go with bulk, unless you want some games), and overclock very well. I have a Dell Case with almost no circulation (only CPU and PS fans), but I o/c'd mine from 250/512, to 279/567 w/ no problem (MSI gives its own o/c'ing software). Anyways, its a real bang-for-your-buck card. Good luck! :thumb: . : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Rock on my friends!

I will soon be the proud owner of a Ti4200!

Thanks and I will let you know how it compares to the old LeadTek GeForce2 Ultra 64MB board I have right now.

p.s. Anyone have one of these and run it on LCD monitor?:cheers:
        Smile and enjoy the view

Comment

hmmm...gforce 2 tell us how much of a performance boost it gives (I'm running a Gforce 3)

Comment

Ok...

Got the Radeon 9500 128MB card....very nice...

But I can't really tell what it can do!

I just bought an LCD monitor with a refresh rate of only 75hz and max res 1240x1040 LOL

And it gets better...my mobo died on last friday so I'm back on my SOYO KT333 board...that does not support AGP 8X LOL

So man I think I may have done myself ugly lately...
            Smile and enjoy the view

Comment

Yea, LCD monitors Still suck hard for fast moving anything which mainly means games.

Bummer on the ATI, a 4200 would have done more for ya, in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                xmlviking[/size]]
                Ok...

Got the Radeon 9500 128MB card....very nice...

But I can't really tell what it can do!

I just bought an LCD monitor with a refresh rate of only 75hz and max res 1240x1040 LOL

And it gets better...my mobo died on last friday so I'm back on my SOYO KT333 board...that does not support AGP 8X LOL

So man I think I may have done myself ugly lately...
                The KT333 and R9500 will work together usin' the AGP 4x protocol (the AGP 8x vid cards are also AGP 4x compatable).

Comment

What Wiggo said about the AGP AND the 9500P is a better choice than any NVIDIA TI card, nice choice

Comment

Now where did the R9500P come into this? :rolleyes2

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                      Now where did the R9500P come into this? :rolleyes2
                      I think t00lb0x assumed that you were referring to the "Pro" version of the 9500 in your post.
                      ie:
                      Originally posted by Wiggo
                      The KT333 and R9500 will work together usin' the AGP 4x protocol (the AGP 8x vid cards are also AGP 4x compatable).
                      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Damn!

I love this card.....it rocks!

Sucks on the LCD thing...but what the hell my eyes won't hurt at least. Rock on!

I love this monitor.... Very bright and easy to see... I had a ViewSonic 22" but ....it recently flat lined on me literialy...

I plugged it into my Inspiron 8500 and the video signal went k-put! Now I have a single vertical strip on my monitor. What the hell over? It's got the entire screen....just no horizontal! LOL

Anyone seen this one before?
                        Smile and enjoy the view

Comment

Is it the Pro version or Non-pro?

Comment

How do you know? I mean do they look different?
                            The drivers just say 9500/9700
                            Smile and enjoy the view

Comment

It will say on the box that it is either the 9500 or the 9500 PRO
                              <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Working...
                              X