R400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R400

ATI's visual processing unit (VPU) has more than 200 million transistors of digital logic. A design of this size and complexity requires not only extremely high stuck-at fault coverage, but also thorough testing for delay-related defects, the preponderant defect type in 0.13 micron process geometries and below. Using basic scan methods, excellent delay test requires up to 6X more tester time than required for stuck-at faults, which already is at an unacceptable cost of test.

More information >>

This means a new ATI card will be released soon?

Comment

Personally I can't see the R400 being released until next year. But if this article is referring
      to the R400, then it provides the first two pieces of information on ATI's next major release.

1. 0.13 micron chipset
      2. 200m transistors

Some people believe the R400 will be called the R500, please don't ask me to explain why, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by weta
        Some people believe the R400 will be called the R500, please don't ask me to explain why, thanks.
        Maybe the R500 development is ahead of schedule and ATI believes that by skipping the R400, they will again dominate the graphics market. :2cents:

Or, maybe I'm just insane.......
        What do you think ?
        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Your pretty crazy :D but it seems resonable. The gfx card race seem to be pretty big this year

Comment

Set Radeons at 800Mhz

ATi says that users can expect big performance gains from its product range next year with new memory technologies.

Specifications for the third generation of double data rate (DDR) DRAM for graphics, known as GDDR3 have been completed in collaboration with Infineon, Elpida and Hynix Semiconductor.

GDDR3 will initially provide memory clocks of 500MHz, with headroom for up to 800MHz.

Products featuring the new memory are expected to become available in the middle of next year.

PC Pro

Comment

0.13u chipset
              200m transistors
              GDDR3 memory 500-800MHz
              PCI Express bus 16X

Release date H1/2004

Comment

Working...
              X