Product information

Radeon 9800 XT
      Radeon 9600 XT

Downloads

Screensavers / Wallpapers / Ecards / Trailers

Launch Event

On Top At The Rock

Comment

• What is the rrp for the card with the game.

Usually the card is approximately a grand so does that make

the XT 1100 now ? :P

Comment

• m-kong: ATI is selling the Radeon 9800 XT bundled with Half-Life 2 on its website for $499 USD / $749 CDN. So take that as a guideline and convert into your local currency.

Comment

• Originally posted by The__tweaker
            If your textures can't fit in the video memory then oc the mem won't help.
            Speed can never replace room so to speak.

As I mentioned this extra memory is only noticeable at really high res with todays most demanding games. The new DX9 titles we are waiting for can change this though..
            We don't have games currently that see any real benefeit from this. Besides, what do you think the AGP Aperture is for? :?:

It has already been proven that the 256mb card is NOT faster than the 128mb card when overclocked.

Comment

• considering what you would pay for the game.............not bad, but i think i want to see a couple of benchmarks against the 9800 pro, to see if the percentage is high enough to warrent a bump up from the 9800 pro..................if it's not, you'd best be served buying the 9800 pro @ 3 bills and dropping + buy the game...........and be bummed if the nv 40 or r420 show there heads any too soon. oh, and here's a review http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030930/index.html
              i've edited this thing as we go.............now, it's obvious........don't buy the xt............at the resolutions i play at, there is no noticable difference between getting a 9800 pro as opposed to the xt, so why pay the difference...........save yourself the 150 or so bucks, that's if you're buying the game (the full version) ......if not, save 200 then

Comment

• <center>Hercules to launch its latest powerful, high-end graphics boards3D Prophet 9800 XT3D Prophet 9600 XTPress Release

Comment

• It's only the single player game, its not the full-fledged Half-Life 2.

Comment

• :thumbs do

Comment

• The 9600 XT looks like a pretty good card, I am going to consider it for my new system.

Comment

• Yeah it comes clocked at 500mhz, a full 100mhz faster than the 9600 Pro...it should be pretty fast for a budget card that's for sure.

Comment

• Half Life 2

A very pleasant thing with Radeon 9800 XT (and 9600 XT as well) is that ATi and partners will be able to bundle this card with Half Life 2. As far we are concerned the game will be released in three different versions depending on the size of your wallet. The co-operation between ATi and Valve goes to the "medium" version. This means that you will get the full single player game, but if you want to play online there is some kind of upgrade needed.

NH

Sapphire Radeon 9800 XT

Here's a picture of Sapphire Techs new Radeon 9800 XT 256MB, basically a rebadged reference card.

Comment

• not having the full version is nice, but not pleasant as i am a multiplayer here............secondly, the benchmarks do not warrant an upgrade from a 9800 pro, especially at higher resolutions...............oh well, i can go cheap, and buy the 9800 and the game.............or wait:2cents:

Comment

• JSR: For someone who owns a Radeon 8500P, then it's worth the upgrade. However if they own either a 9700P or 9800P then in my view it's not, with adequate cooling and overclocking they can probably reach/beat the 9800XT already. For me the game doesn't even enter the equation, I'm not going to spend 499 dollars on a graphics card because I get a FREE Half-Life 2 game, whatever version it is. I'm buying a card, the game is a bonus. But as I understand it, you can upgrade to the multi-player version on STEAM, presumably incurring an additional cost.

Comment

• www.dell.com for more information."

:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                                X