• Show
Clear All

• Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb

Here's a picture of ATI's new Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb

So many new cards coming out!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by t00lb0x
      So many new cards coming out!!!!
      This year is proving so much more exciting for the industry than last, and with 64bit next year things are only going to improve!
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

That can be good and bad, for the power-user good, but for the budget user bad. I.E. if you have lots of money and can afford a new $500 card every 6 months this will be the year, but if you save up $500 bucks and can't afford to upgrade for another 2 years then you buy a new card and the next week a new better version is out...

Comment

Originally posted by t00lb0x
          That can be good and bad, for the power-user good, but for the budget user bad. I.E. if you have lots of money and can afford a new 0 card every 6 months this will be the year, but if you save up 0 bucks and can't afford to upgrade for another 2 years then you buy a new card and the next week a new better version is out...
          It's been like this for years and will continue...
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Last year it was slower, at the start of the year I had a gforce 3 (best card out) then in 6 months the gforce 4 was just released since the gforce 4 (six month period) the 9500P came out, gforce FX, 9700P & 9800P...I hope this makes sense

Comment

Whilst this isn't news about the 9800 256mb, it's worth a read.

KICK'N gaming performance
              ILLEST BRO ON DA BLOCK. The Xtasy 9800 Pro, reppin ATI's RADEON 9800 PRO VPU with 128MB DDR memory be KICK'n the CRAP outta demanding applications. Bring'n the heat through 8 pipelines, front'n 3 BILLION pixels per second! If THAT AIN'T 'nuff fo ya, try 4 parallel GEO-Metry engines, kick'n 380 million [T&L] polygons per second. The 9800 Pro reps 128-bit, 64-bit and 32-bit floating point color formats. HI-RES 32-bit 3D gaming up to 2048x1536 means that when demanding applications comes out to play& THE 9800 PRO BE KICK'N THE CRAP outta that motha & be cry'n like a little girl.

FREAK'n SICKest Visual Effects
              SMOOTHVISION" 2.1 serves up awesome full-scene anti-aliasing. The 9800 Pro be front'n mo' than 18 BILLION (with a 'B') anti-aliasing samples per second for FREAK'N AWSOME performance up to 16 trilinear filtered texture samples per pixel. ATI's programmable SMARTSHADER" 2.1 makes lighting and texture effects look even mo' real.

Ever Have TWO MONITORS at one time?
              ATI's HYDRAVISION" supports ol' school CRT monitors, digital flat panels, and TVs while VIDEOSHADER" enables integration of unbelievable digital video stuff, including advanced adaptive de-interlacing for FREAK'N SICK video quality. You just connect to a digital flat panel and dig crisper images and ease eyestrain directly.

It was copied off Visiontek's new Xtasy 9800 Pro 128mb box.

Comment

Comment

Sapphire's Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb has gone on sale in Japan, the price Y69,500 ($592.78 USD).

Comment

Will Doom3 or Half-Life2 (etc.) be able to use the whole 256mb of ram on the new video cards or will "only" 128mb be addressed ?
                    From the benchies I've seen so far, the "extra" 128mb isn't much help at all.
                    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

$600.00 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?:snip: :snip: :snip: :snip: the 5900 Ultra which is a lot better is only gonna be 500.00 dollars. Why so expensive for just a more RAM that doesnt make a difference???????
                      <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

256mb 256bit DDR-II = $$$
                        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

homeworld1031tx: If you think that's expensive, how about this Nvidia Geforce FX 5900 Ultra (reference) card for $1500 USD.
                          E^vol: Don't forget it's being sold in Japan, probably at a premium, wait a month or so and you should pick one up for around $450 USD. Anyway, shouldn't you be unpacking?

Man explains Nvidia FX5900/Ultra 256 auction to The Inquirer

It all goes back to E3

HI, MY NAME IS David Potts and I am running the auction for the Geforce FX 5900 Ultra on EBay. I would like to thank you for covering this auction, I've been getting hundreds (if not thousands) of views every hour, I'm sure that most of them are coming from your site.

I wanted to give you a little background on where this card came from, several people have accused me of selling a fake or that I stole the card, or that this is an engineering sample of some sort. It is not, it is legal, legit. I won this card at E3 playing America's Army. America's Army and nVidia teamed up to have a competition where four civilians would take on four army personnel. The civilian with the highest score would get the FX5900, all others would get a different card. Well, during the competition there were some problems and things didn't go smoothly. In the end we were unsure of who actually won. That is where nVidia stepped in, they offered all of us FX5900 Ultras. We, of course, were thrilled. That was very nice of nVidia, they didn't need to do that, that is a sign of a great company.

We did not get the cards at the show, nVidia had to mail them to us. During the time that I won the card and I actually got the card, some bills added up and I realized I need money more then I need the video card. Thus, the day that I got it from nVidia, was the day that I put it on EBay. I did set the reserve a bit high, $1000, but if I'm able to get that much for it, I can then pay off all of my bills (that just accumulated). People have accused me of being greedy, and I guess they are within their rights, but I need to think of my family first, and try to get the most for the card as I can. I've been unemployed for almost a year - I design ASIC's, semiconductor chips, for a living, right now the industry is in a huge slump and there is no signs of it improving.

I guess that is how I got the card, and why I am selling it. I appreciate your site covering it, I'm sure that it is helping the auction a lot.

Thanks again,

Dave Potts

Comment

lol. get that from theinquirer?:D :D :D anyways, did you move E^vol???
                            <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Originally posted by homeworld1031tx
                              lol. get that from theinquirer?:D :D :D anyways, did you move E^vol???
                              Yup ! Moved on Saturday...Love the new house ! Now I need a new video card !
                              SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Working...
                              X