Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP crash w/ Visiontek 9500Pro

Help is greatly appreciated...

My screen reverts to 640x480 16 colors, an error box pops up saying that an application has failed, save your work and reboot.

Upon rebooting everything is normal. The event log shows that the driver ati2drv has entered and "eternal loop" with no good explanation as to what is actually wrong.

The system is two weeks old.
    P4 2.4b
    Soyo P4X400 Dragon Ultra Platinum (sound disabled)
    1 gig Kingston ram
    Visiontek Xtasy 9500Pro
    Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy
    Latest MB bios, Via4in1, Audigy, and ATI Catalyst drivers.

Oh, and it does at random times, mainly when the wife is surfing the web, it has no problems with games (I play UT2003 frequently).

Thanks,
    Spydertech

I would sudgest re-inatallin the drivers or changing them. What version of drivers are u useing as some are dodgy:thumb:

Comment

I'm using the Catalyst 3.2 from the ATI website.

Do you think these could be a problem?

What version would you suggest I try?

I've completely removed and re-installed twice already.

The Radeon shows to be on IRQ 16 (so is my firewire port), I've tried to change it to something else, but all the options are greyed out in Device Manager.

Also, when I go into the BIOS to set it to manual IRQ, the only choices I get are Reserved or PCI Device - with no way to identify what PCI device)
      The BIOS is set to NO PNP operating system, and Auto assign IRQ right now.

I also have AGP Fast Write Enabled - could this be a problem?

Thanks,
      Spydertech

Comment

ati2drv has entered and "eternal loop??
        shore you don't meen "infinite loop"
        disable AGP Fast Write seem to fix it here
        soo many with this problem,there are so many so called fixes but
        disableing fast write is the best i think

read these for more idea's:cheers:

Comment

Generally its not good to have any major devices share an IRQ port with anything else, so i would strongly suggest that u change the IRQ of ur firewire port if you can :thumb:

Comment

Yes, "infinite loop" sounds right...... :o

I completely agree about the IRQ thing, and I've tried.

It seems that WinXP will not let me change the IRQ (all the configuration settings are greyed out).

The firewire port is part of the Sound Blaster Audigy, and I use it with an external hard drive, so I can't really disable it.

I'm going to disable the fast write and see what happens. Since the problem doesn't occur everyday, it may be a little while before I think it is fixed.....

Spydertech

Comment

Working...
            X