3D Prophet 9000 PCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Prophet 9000 PCI

OK, lets don't get into me buying a new motherbaoird cause mine dont have agp lol, i dont feel like just getting only a motherboard cause i got an HP Pavilion and i know its **** my mom bought it, but for now while i am working on my computer that im building i want to know how i can squeeze some more performance out of this garbage heap

Viceo Card: 3D Prophet 9000 PCI 64mb ddr (the DVI-out is only on the PCI version :D )
    3D Marks in 2001 se: 3615
    CPU: Celeron 733mhz @ 906.5mhz
    RAM: 320mb pc-100 sd-ram
    Motherboard lmfao: Trigem, Cognac wow isnt that strange....
    CD-ROM: this one is good to lol 4x4x32
    ya i know its a bad system but its 3 years old now lol just a few upgrades

now i want to know if i can get an unlocked bios or something so i can voerclock my video card or if i can possibly get another way to overclock my cpu it wont go higher than 906.5mhz i use a program called CPUFSB i belive and that is only because the bios on my motherboard is really bad...

yes, yes, laugh all you want

Actually 3615 points is not bad at all with that setup.. Unfortunatly I do think you have reached the limit of that cpu.. :(

:cheers:

Comment

I would have to agree with the above statement. That is a very good score when you consider the system. A celeron processor that is probably only using a 66 mhz FSB, pc100 memory and a pci video card. You must have done some pretty good tweaking :thumb:

Oh good luck on the new system. I would like to point out that not all HP systems were a POS I bought one for my kids about 3 years ago and believe it or not it actually had an asus mb and I never had any issues in fact with a few upgrades it is still chugging along at the in laws.

Comment

Well, Thanks for the good comments but i still think this puter is $hit :D i was gonna buy a 1.1ghz cpu one day but i think it supports a 1.3 tulatin celeron or P3 and yes its on 66mhz fsb and i have it on the max itll go... i dont know the max fsb beacuase i can only use software to change it like CPUFSL and CPUCool 2 very handy apps :D yah i plan on building the following system if i dont change my mind lol

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2200+
        Motherboard: Chaintech Apogee 7VJL Deluxe
        Video Card: Radeon 9600 Pro
        Ram: Some Cheap DDR 2700 512mb :P
        PSU: 350 watts
        CPU Cooler: My Current Volcano 7 but with the fan on it lol ( i only have the heatsink on it, the fan wont fit betweet the psu and the board lol)
        CD: some 48x burner for really cheap :D
        Floopy: who needs one :D
        Case: Big assed Full server tower made by Antec
        anything else you want to know ask me :D

Comment

I dunt think Radeon 9000 Pro is BIOS locked so you should be able to overclock by using Powerstrip or Rage3d tweaker.

:thumb:

Comment

trust me its a Hercules card ATI locks the cores when they ship the GPUs off
            I overclock the pc reboots itself
            Oh and where did u see the word pro in this entire thing?

Comment

Technical Specifications

Comment

the non pro can now be overclocked with the latest version of rivatuner. http://download.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

i have a hercules 3d prophet 9000 128 agp non pro and have been trying everything.flashing the bios works but then the cats dont recognise the card and will not load.

note.rivatuner will only work untill ati release the next drivers so enjoy while you can.unwinder(maker of rivatuner)says he doesnt know why it works as he did not intend to make it so and he has no access to a 9000 np card for testing.

to get it to work you need to select overclocking/more tab and set the clock frequency generation accuracy to high.

works a treat:)

Comment

Also PCI has only 1/16th the bandwidth of an 8x AGP card plus PCI doesn't have the main memory access that an AGP card has also.

Comment

seems the core and memory get reset when i exit a 3d game

Comment

what actually happens is the clocks overclock ok in windows but as soon as you start a game or run 3dmark etc they will reset.powerstrip will work sort of,but constantly overclocks and resets every min or so(you can see this in the powerstrip ini file)

rivatuner is different.it will work.just get the latest version from my link above and then make sure that you set the clock generation accuracy to high in overclocking/more.

do not adjust the slider to do this,use the tab to the right of it.

you have three options low custom and high.

low and custom dont work,high does.

try it? ;)

Comment

yep, works now:D
                        Thanks you so much, but i dont know if my DX7 game is running any faster ;) Insane a great game but needs a fast cpu, you can have a great video card, but if you dont have a good cpu to go with it, it dont run too well... unless your running a voodoo 5 5500 lol

Comment

test you in game frame rates with fraps from here http://www.fraps.com/ or just run 3dmark at default and then overclocked.

i do agree with what you say above however.i have a 1.8 celeron and it is holding me back too.with the card clocked at 280/245 and stable im getting around 5-20 more fps in my games(not a lot,but matters when some only run at 25fps at stock clocks) and about 350pts more in 3dmark.

Comment

my record 3d mark score is 3615 points:) pretty good for this comp....

Comment

i think thats not too bad at all.i only get around 6000

Comment

Working...
                              X