9500Pro vs. ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E^vol
    Of coarse, if I were to buy a 9500Pro, I could the money I saved on a faster CPU...
    mayb its my english (prolly is) but this doesn't make too much sense...sorry, but if my parents didnt owe me "one piece of computer hardware" I would save up 150 and buy the 9500P LoL is there someway i can like contact you...like AIM or something?

Comment

Originally posted by tukinnam
      can i interest u in a radeon 8500 64mb LE?

=P
      How much? I just need this card for my system back home, don't really need it now, using a GF4Ti4200... What's your location?

Comment

LoL trading section PLEASE!

Comment

Originally posted by vfoong
          How much? I just need this card for my system back home, don't really need it now, using a GF4Ti4200... What's your location?
          =P didn't know we had a trading section..

i live in LA (louisiana)
          i'll sell it to u for 40$ USD(u pay Shipping&Handling), comes with S-video cable and drivers CD.

still interested?
          my email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by t00lb0x
            nice, but i would wait b/c when the 9800P A-i-W comes out you can get a 9700P A-i-W, i mean just wait until the gfx card race cools down (few months) but the 9500P is the nicest budget card, but i mentioned the non-overclockability with it, right?

t00lbox.. u can overclock 9500Pro.. u just need to flash the bios.. takes less than 5 min.. 2 minutes max..

Comment

damn i have no floppy to flash....**** **** ****

Comment

Originally posted by t00lb0x
                damn i have no floppy to flash....**** **** ****
                hehe.. same problem i had, thinking that i would never ever need a floppy, coz i already got cd burner.. went to the local cpu store and forked out 15$ just so i could OC my 9500pro.. was well worth it.. and turned out i needed the floppy once again for school project..

Comment

hehe, imma buy a cheap $7.50 floppy off of Newegg...but would a external floppy drive work? (because i have one of those)

Comment

Originally posted by tukinnam
                    =P didn't know we had a trading section..

i live in LA (louisiana)
                    i'll sell it to u for 40$ USD(u pay Shipping&Handling), comes with S-video cable and drivers CD.

still interested?
                    my email: [email protected]
                    I think I'll pass mate.... I live too far, on the other side of the globe... (Sydney) Thanks anyway dude...

Comment

OK ! We've moved, all is good.....
                      Apparently, my wife "worked it into the budget" ! $800 worth ! SWEET !!!!!!
                      Not to say that I have to use all that, but, I now have options. I still should wait a couple weeks though.
                      Current pricing here in the Montreal, Canada area is as follows:

Retail boxed parts:
                      9700 Pro --------> $439 ($505 w/tax)
                      AIW 9700 Pro ---> $519 ($597 w/tax)
                      2500+ (Barton) --> $189 ($217 w/tax)

If I get the 2500+ & the 9700Pro, it'll be $722 w/tax.
                      If I get the 2500+ & the AIW9700Pro, it'll be $814 w/tax.

My current setup (as per sig) has an 1800+ & 7500 combo which is slow.
                      Would the extra cash for the 2500+ CPU be worth it ?
                      Would I see a boost in performance ?
                      Or should I wait for either the 9800Pro 256mb or the nVidia 5900 Ultra, which would use the whole budget by itself ? (and stay with my 1800+)
                      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

If you can get some decent use out of a AIW, then I'd go for that. Worked a treat for me. ;)

Comment

I'd use the AIW to record some of my favorite shows onto my HD.
                          But it might be a passing novelty, and in which case, it would not make sense to waste the extra $80 on the AIW.
                          I could get a 5900 Ultra, but then no cpu. Or I could get the 9700Pro and a 2500+ cpu, which would probably give the best performance / price ratio.
                          How would a cpu upgrade (1800+ ---> 2500+) affect my computer's performance ?
                          If I didn't get a new cpu, would the new video card (which ever I get) be limited by the current cpu ?
                          Why is this such a hard decision ?
                          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

I went from a GF3 to a 9700 Pro in my 1800+ system, and it does make a nice difference. However, I'd go for both 9700Pro + 2500+ CPU...

Comment

This is what we see in Sweden atm:

9500 pro 128 mb = $249 :no:

Ti4200 128 mb agp x8 = $ 139 :thumb:

So here it's one helluva difference..

But damn I want dx9 support before Doom.. :mad:

Been doing some overtime lately so that the government of mine will authorize the purchase of a 5900 pro later on before the Doom3 release..:devil win

:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                                However, I'd go for both 9700Pro + 2500+ CPU...
                                Wrong section for this question, but I think it is relavent.
                                In which area(s) would I see a performance boost from a cpu upgrade ? Game loading or game playing ? Or are both areas determined by the video card ?
                                SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Working...
                                X