9500Pro vs. ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9500Pro vs. ???

Which card would be the competition for the ATI 9500 Pro ?
    Which would win ?
    SPAM Special Ops

http://www.viperlair.com did a comparision between the 9500P and a 4200-8xSE (gforce 4 TI 4200 run on an 8x agp bus.) The prices are the same and in 3dMark2001SE there is a 1000 point difference between the 2 and it is only like 20-30 dollar price difference, US currency only LoL

Comment

Also, the 5600FX Ultra seems to be a neck and neck competitor with the 9500 Pro, supporting mostly the same stuff, etc...

If you haven't already, you can check out the comparison at <a href="http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030311/index.html" target="_blank">Tom's Hardware</a>.

Comment

which is cheaper (i assume 9500P)

Comment

On the Tomshardware review the 9500 Pro beats the 5600 Ultra by a fair margin, around 20 % in most test.

Comment

Do you think that a 9500Pro would be strong enough to play Doom3 when it is released ? Or should I fork out the extra $150 cdn. for a 9700Pro ?
            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

I definitely think so... But if you do get a Radeon 9700 Pro, sell your 7500 cheap to me! :)

Comment

can i interest u in a radeon 8500 64mb LE?

=P

Comment

Originally posted by E^vol
                  Do you think that a 9500Pro would be strong enough to play Doom3 when it is released ? Or should I fork out the extra 0 cdn. for a 9700Pro ?
                  the 9500P is ready for DOOM]|[ with direct X 9 and it can run the graphics (as long as you dont have like a 100 mhz computer)...read the review in maximum PC if you get it

Comment

Thanks t00lb0x !:thumb:
                    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

N.P, but truthfully...wait a few weeks and then check your options unless you want it now (anyways I thought u got a 9700P A-I-W) b/c the price of the 9500P might lower and the 9700P would be of the same price (there is a 20% boost in performance between the two) BUT I WARN YOU A HEEDING: ACCORDING TO SOME POST ON THIS FORUM THE 9500P CANNOT OVERCLOCK AND THAT MIGHT CAUSE A PROBLEM

Comment

Originally posted by t00lb0x
                        ...(anyways I thought u got a 9700P A-I-W)...
                        Nope...Not yet...But this new house is quickly draining my bank account ! Light fixtures / gutters / blinds / etc...
                        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

19 DAYS until the move !:thumb:
                          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

nice, but i would wait b/c when the 9800P A-i-W comes out you can get a 9700P A-i-W, i mean just wait until the gfx card race cools down (few months) but the 9500P is the nicest budget card, but i mentioned the non-overclockability with it, right?

Comment

Of coarse, if I were to buy a 9500Pro instead of a 9700Pro (or AIW9700Pro), I could use the money I saved, to buy a faster CPU...

EDIT
                              SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Working...
                              X