How much of a boost in performance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much of a boost in performance...

How much boost in performance would I get if i replaced my gfx card (original gForce 3) with a 9700P/9800p ???

HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE performance boost in games:thumb:

Comment

good enough for me :-D now just need to finish my case and get a new card :-D now if someone can only answer my question about cooling

Comment

Which question was this:confused:

Comment

about peltier its in the cooling section its just imma switch to water cooling + peltier combo but i need some help deciding on which stuff (blocks, which peltier, which coldplate) and make sure it all works and how to combat condensation...if i go through with it i'll just take a bunch of photos and put it up in user reviews/how-tos and mayb (ok never will it happen) T.T. can use it

Comment

Toolbox; Nvidia will be launching its new Geforce FX5900 Ultra at E3 in nine days, I would wait until then before deciding which card to buy.

Early 5900U specs are, 0.13 chipset, 425/850MHz core/memory, 256bit memory controller, 256mb 2.2ns DDR memory, 28GB/sec real bandwidth, standard cooling, $499.00 USD.

The card should look something like this.

Comment

soo much money:snip:

Comment

Comment

There's the 5900, similar spec to the 5900U, except it has 128mb of memory, it will cost 399.00 USD, which is the same price as the Radeon 9800 Pro.

Comment

I really hope the 5900 is good enough to make up for that piece of crap 5800 that Nvidia released Now if only it didnt cost so damn much lol

Comment

SWEET ! That's what I'll be doing as soon as I've moved into my nice new house ! Going from my current 7500 to an AIW 9700 Pro. Can't wait...Literally !
                      SPAM Special Ops

Comment

weta thx i kinda have no cap on how much i can spend (my dad owes me it) but it has to outperform the 9800P NOT ONLY in sheer speed but with AF/AA turned on (where 9800P stomps the 5600U)

Comment

Toolbox, from what I've heard its not that much faster than a 9800 Pro until you turn all the effects on, then it's reputedly in a class of its own.

Comment

Comment

Radeon 9800 Pro is the highest performancing card at the moment without a doubt.

Will just have to wait and see how the NV35 turns out, it better be good, need competition to drive down prices
                              :barf:

Comment

Working...
                              X