Which Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Card?

OK, so I'm looking to upgrade this computer I have downstairs, and it's currently got like a 1ghz cpu and a geforce mx 400, something like that. Now my older brother will be home from college for the summer and wants to be able to play online games, planetside, etc. But I don't him bugging me using my computer. Should I just go for a like GF4 4200 or something a little higher? Money is a factor, but not that much considering I want to have a job by the end of next week.

The Ti4200 should be able to handle a vast majority of the tasks in current games. You'll probably get better image quality with a Radeon, though. Check prices of the Radeon 9500 Pro and see if you can fit that into your budget.

Oh... and you'll find that the processor will probably be your primary bottleneck.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Yeah, I forgot to mention about the cpu, I'll probably go up to like an AMD 1800.

Comment

Well make sure its the right mobo for an athlon then:thumb:

Comment

Ti 4200 will play those games no problem just make sure the sys has a fair amount of mem and speed.

you dont even need to go as far as that to play those games.

mx440 would do it provided your cpu is fast and you have mega memory. depends if you want to go as far as a high priced gaming card.

Comment

Dallows,
            If you're up to a bit of playing, then get yourself one of those Athlon XP 1700+ T-Bred "B" processors. They are overclocking to well over 2GHz with no fancy cooling necessary. ;)
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

if your going to go with the t-bred core the best video solution for cost and performance based on that config will probably be the radeon 9500 pro.

good setup for second sys.

:afro:

Comment

Working...
              X