AMD OCing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD OCing Problem

Hey, im new to the forums, im looking for advice so I hope I can get it here. Im trying to OC my XP2600+ with my SOYO kt400 Dragon Ultra mobo. But the BIOS confuse me when I get in them. Im not sure what thing im suppose to change, like the CPU Frequency? Or the DRAM Clock? Can anyone help me?

try those, and if you still have questions, then fire away :cheers:

Comment

i've read that already, doesn't help.

Comment

I would start by upping the front side bus frequency and the core voltage slightly. But seeing as i am a newbie to AMD systems i think u should wait until one of the pros of AMD like wiggo responds:thumb:

Comment

Under the header "- Advanced Chipset Features", you will find a section on adjusting the memory settings.

Under the header "- CPU Settings", you will find the portion of the article that deals with processor frequencies.

I wrote this piece for the new user and don't know of any way to break it down in a simpler manner. If this is still confusing you, then I would highly recommend that you get someone else to tweak the settings within the BIOS. An understanding of the system settings is imperative for a successful overclock.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Is there a benchmarking program I could download to see if my comp speed increased?

Comment

How bout PCmark 2002 by Futuremark :thumb:

Comment

Working...
              X