Memory voltage settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory voltage settings

Ok, i own an Asus A7VKt333 Mobo. As many of you know the Jp jumper settings are a bit screwed if ya got the board upon its release. With one stick of ram in it, it runs np but with more then one normaly the comp will crash whenever ya run a game. So after much research i found out that by lowering my voltage setting for the memory it fixed the problem. However my question is this. What does the memory voltage do and by giving it a lower amount how does it affect my system. I lowered it from the default which was 2.81 to 2.67. Is my comp slower now, what does memory voltage do ?? At this setting i can add more dimms and have no probs though.

In actual fact this is the voltage required to power the memory but 2.5v is the standard power requirement for DDR memory so that's why the higher setting wouldn't work as it was heating the memory up too much.

Comment

I used to have that mobo.I also had problems with memory ,after talking with people with the same mobo also. I found they had a problem with the dimm 2. So try setting everything back to normal and put you 2 strips of memory in dimm 1 & 3.Worked for me hope it works for you.

Comment

Working...
      X