Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Anyone Tell Me How To Overclock My Pavilion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Anyone Tell Me How To Overclock My Pavilion?

I'm quite new at this stuff and really need to know if my HP PAVILION xt948 is overclockable. Taking in perspective that nearly "anything" is overclockable these days; i still can't figure out a simple way to do it. My HP xt948 is a 1.6G, so i'm hoping that i could perhaps maybe bump that sh!t up to...oh...let's say; 1.8G? Or better yet 2.0G? If anyone can help than please get me back. I'm sick and tired of slow performance - mainly due to the fact that HP SUCKS!! - and desperatly need your [anyones] advice! I was, however, capable of changing the 'multiplier setting' from x8 to a wopping x24!! However, with little performance boost and a couple of extremely noticeable glitches i think i need something more...stable - yet something that won't melt my chip in under .003secs. And one more thing. I have 256 of Cache mem, is there a way to set my Cache memory to 512kb? Thankx for any help you can get me back on...appreciate it! peace2:

I'm sorry but name brand PC's are built so that there are no overclockin' abilities at all now just to severally cut down on support or warranty claims. :(
    Best to think about building a complete new system to suit what you want to do and use ya old one as a backup or sell it to fund the new one. : peace2:

Comment

Wiggo,

how do you expect someone to sell an old computer? You can't! My friends and i have tried and it does not work. No one can make any money selling old, old computers muchless refunding the old one. The only people that do that are mom-and-pop computer shops that can get away with it because people who go to those places are often enough to be suckers.

Chaos:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
        Chaos[/size]]
        Wiggo,

how do you expect someone to sell an old computer? You can't! My friends and i have tried and it does not work. No one can make any money selling old, old computers muchless refunding the old one. The only people that do that are mom-and-pop computer shops that can get away with it because people who go to those places are often enough to be suckers.

Chaos:laugh:
        That's why I suggest keepin' them as backups 1st (I never get rid of them) but I will make fair offers for them as trade in's on new systems because if someone else can't make use of them I certainly can (but let's face it, a PC is obsolete as soon as it leaves the store anyway). : peace2:

Comment

wiggo,

Yeah you are right about the backup computer. The system I am using right now, my old one, will be used as a backup system in case my new one goes down. It is an old one though. 650 Megahertz is the speed.

A question for you. How do you join your SETI team if I wanted to join? Or can i even join? What do I have to do?

Chaos :devil:

Comment

Chaos just follow the Method 2 instructions here, http://www.soni.dk/Distributed/seti_installation.asp, then read the bottom of the page for joining their team but use the link in my sig to join our team instead. ;)

Comment

Wiggo,

what are the benefits of joining your team?

Graciously,

Chaos:thumb:

Comment

None at all really but a few are makin' a friendly competition out of it.

Comment

Working...
                X