Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albatron PX845PEV800

Hi,

Does anyone own a Albatron PX845PEV800? I heard from reviews that it's the mother of overclocking. If you do, what is the maximum FSB you can get and CPU speed? Including the memory used.

I got me one about two weeks ago :) As you can see in my sig, she runs very high on air :) Had a PX845PEV Pro in here before, and she topped out at 3.21ghz stable (previous 2.53ghz topped out at over 3.32ghz on the px845pev pro... would have liked to have had that puppy still alive to try in this board :()... I like it :) Just don't like the brown pcb as much as I liked the blue... and I was kinda hoping they'd have redone the layout a bit and moved the ram further away from the AGP slot, so I didn't have to take my vid card out to add/remove ram, and the floppy drive connector a little umm... more accessable would have been nice too. Oh well, happy as I can be at 3.515 ghz on air tho :)

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I'm now thinking of waiting for the new Intel chipset to come out which supports the new Prescott CPU with 1MB L2 cache. It has a true 800mhz FSB which will be exciting to use. I just hope I can wait this long, otherwise I might as well get another 845PE motherboard.

Comment

"It has a true 800mhz FSB which will be exciting to use." incorrect as it uses a quad pumped 200MHz FSB (the 200MHz is true while the 800 is QDR).

Comment

I heard the Abit BH7 also has a FSB of 800 if overclocked, but I'll probably get the Albatron. It's about $60 AUD cheaper than the Abit and does the same thing. Better get myself a Volcano 7+ as well.

Comment

Working...
          X