2700+ Oc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2700+ Oc

Has anyone out there been messing around with the 2700's yet? see below for the specs on mine. I was just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on how high this thing will go before lock up....i have been slowly stepping ming up and right now it is at 180 FSB, 13x multiplier, and 1,76 volts. I guess i will just keep cranking it up higher till i :flames: something

Yeah, me too. I'm in the process of shopping around for an athlon xp 2700+ and heard with the A7n8x deluxe you could easily and stabily get 400mhz FSB (ignoring memory here) and oc-it with retail HS/F to a comparable 29/3000+ performance. Saying the 3000+ costs way too much for minimal performance gains. It's a no brainer, but I'm wondering if anyone has had problems getting and OC of 400mhz FSB on the xp 2700?

Comment

You're gonna spend a lot of extra $$$ for the 2700+ versus a 2400+. Of course you'd have better ocing by the clock but my 2400+ is running as a 2600+ @ 2.08ghz @ 333mhz fsb (actual fsb is 330mhz). Boosting the fsb seems to add a hell of a lot more bang than the cpu clock frquency. And PLENTY of FAST ddr ram, while expensive, is a GREAT performance booster.
      My relatively subdued system blows a similarly clocked Pentium to pieces. Craig

Comment

Already have the 2700+ and its running faster than a 3 gig chip right now...simply smoking..but my mobo is stuck at the max voltage so i dont know how much mopre i can get outa it. I am running it @ 2.411 right now and I hope to get a lot more outa it..(I havent had a single glitch its 100% stable right now) .I dont want to unlock it cause that would void the warrantee! but ya never know what can happen, I might just say screw the warantee and go for it:devil win :flames:

Comment

All I can say is holy balls!!!!
          Have you TRIED the fsb @ 400mhz? Worst that'll happen is your pc will shutdown. What temps are you running at with the voltage cranked up? Even with a Volcano 9 fan running at around 4000 and only minimal oc'ing I'm reading about 59C core temp in the softmenu and 49-49.5 on the hardware monitor. I'm just impressed all to hell with the 2400+. Like getting a 2600+ for the 2400 price---almost. Craig

Comment

well with the room temps as low as they are out here I am getting cpu temps as you can see below. but mind you that is with room temps around 10c. when the room temps come up so does the CPU as you can imagine...but the highest temp i have recorded was about 42c. I am running a TT 7+ right now and i have 4 Smart Fan 2's. case temps are usually about 4 degrees above room temp and the CPU runs 10-15 above that. Taking the side cover off of the case only drops the system temp and does nothing to lower the temp of the CPU. I am very very happy with the temps i am seeing here...I would ditch the 9 if i were you and go to somthing better. ThermalTake is coming out with the 11 which should be something great. I have used the OCZ Goliath and am getting about the same results now with the 7+. Next is the SLK800 or the 462 cooler...after that I am going water cooled...I have to get another case before then tho as there isnt any space in this one for it. I might just bypass water cooling and go straight to the VapoChill case...we will have to see!

Comment

Sandra soft is reporting things that i dont see in the BIOS. Sandra says i am running @ 186 fsb and 1.65 v....I dont know what that is all about but in BIOS I am running 1.75v and 182 fsb. Well oh well the CPU is running well and fast. Other monitors are showing closer to what the BIOS is showing so I will go with that. I will crank it up a few notces tonight and see what i can get outa it!:flames:

Comment

With the great reviews, http://www.a1-electronics.co.uk/Heat...o9_Jul02.shtml , of the Volacano 9, and it IS quiet, I'm not going to make any changes. Besides, AMD says anything under core temp of 70C is OK and I'm well below that. I have the shutdown enabled in the Abit softmenu, which is the greatest thing since toast, so I'm not worried. AMDs run hot anyway but they ARE hot!!! Luv it. Craig

Comment

well those temps might be ok as far as not frying the CPU but they last longer and run better the cooler you can get them. I would try cooling the case more or getting a better HSF personally...I Wig out if i get temps over 40c!

Comment

Case temp is fine---cool to the touch--it's a great case! Here it is:

There are 7 fans running: ps 2x; v card 1; case 2x; cpu 1 and one on the mobo controller chip.
                    Here's the deal:
                    Abit KD7-RAID; 2 Maxtor 40gb 7200 striped drives; Abit Siluro MX4 v card w/tv out (I'm not a gamer); 2400+ cpu; 1024mb Corsair 3200 400mhz DDR ram; POWER SUPPLY ANTEC TRUE430W; Pioneer 8X DVD-ROM; 250 ZIP; Adaptec USB2/SCSI adapter for my Yamaha CDRW (and it works great!) and a USR hardware modem plus a Firewire pci card (VIA controller there too). I like the Firewire better than the USB 2 'cause XP just knows it's there---no extra drivers, software, NOTHING to make it work!!! And it works like a dream. Wanted that for video interface.
                    I have more damn wires running around!!!!
                    Craig

Comment

I don't know if I'm reading this right but according to what you wrote, you have a 31deg CPU at full load, albeit in a cold room, but even with ambient temps higher your Cpu temp would not be much more than 45deg C. I wouldn't be wigging out about anything lower than FIFTY (yes, 50 deg C), due to the fact the core architecture has been so improved since the original palominos and T-birds and deal with heat with much more improved circuity. I'm running my original athlong 1.33 at about 1.444 and it's about at 55 to 60 deg at full load after an hour and we're talking with case fans galore here. And that thing has been running two years without a glitch.

Question, I'm posting again, is anyone here getting stable 200mhz FSB, I wasn't sure if anyone had posted that yet. And I mean a stable match 200mhz FSB with good memory, like my Geil pc3500

Comment

I know the chip will take the temps that high...I just dont like seeing them that high! I am on the march up to 200fsb right now..running the cpu as you can see below at 2.43 and its still stable. I am getting times in Seti less than 2.5 hours regularly now. I am running PC2700 right now and plan on changing that to 3500 when i get the spare money do throw away.

My older 1.3's run about 45 right now and Dont like to see them get warmer than that...I like cool! and that poor old chip wont go over 1.52...sniff sniff...sad little guy.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeZmonZter
                          Already have the 2700+ and its running faster than a 3 gig chip right now...simply smoking..but my mobo is stuck at the max voltage so i dont know how much mopre i can get outa it. I am running it @ 2.411 right now and I hope to get a lot more outa it..(I havent had a single glitch its 100% stable right now) .I dont want to unlock it cause that would void the warrantee! but ya never know what can happen, I might just say screw the warantee and go for it:devil win :flames:
                          Amen brother! thats right! stand fast forget their evil ways of intimidation! unlock that cpu and Up! yoooooouuuurrrrrssssss!:flames: :flames:

Comment

Hopefully durin' the next week sometime I'll get to see what that XP2600+ of mine will do in that 8RDA+ over there with Corsair XMS3500 in the drawer there plus that 8x AGP 128MB GF4 Ti4200 VIVO. :D
                            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Does that MOBO have a V-core voltage setting over 1.75? I am kinda locked at that voltage right now. I havent stepped it up in a couple of days but as soon as I am done reading the news I will reboot it and check it out at a higher speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X