Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what should the highest fsb recommended a for amd 2000+ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should the highest fsb recommended a for amd 2000+ ?

looking for suggested fsb settings runining 38c. idle , 42c. at 144fsb oc'd2000=@2200 1.8ghz under load .

I have read articles that say you can get them up to 145 FSB, but dont try to set the multiplier up any higher if u go with this setting, becuase u might fry the CPU. 145 is THE HIGHEST u should put a 266(133on DDR)MHz Athalon FSB on, so be carefull even near that setting, or i may see you in Fry's sometime soon(thats a store for u non texans/cali's/nevada people
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Originally posted by homeworld1031tx
      or i may see you in Fry's sometime soon(thats a store for u non texans/cali's/nevada people
      I'm in Canada and I know what Fry's is :D

Anyway, your best bet is to experiment. Different CPU batches overclock better than others. Some CPU / Mobo / RAM combo's overclock better than others. There's no set exact "This will perform best for you" until you figure it out :) And then again, that's only useful for you, and others who have the EXACT same rig as you do (including cpu batch, mainboard revision & batch, and ram batch (meaning, next to nobody but yourself :D))

Comment

huh? 145 fsb isn't even starting to overclock

2100+ (a good week)

8rda+

ddr 3200

volcano 7+ at medium setting, excellent case cooling

12 x 194= 2338, 47 degrees C max

good cpu, board, memory, and cooling can get numbers like this, one weak link and nowhere close.

Comment

yes it is :D :D

See, the way AMD CPU's get there speed is by taking the fsb and multipling it by the multiplier. But u think i mean 145 MHz total fsb. On AMD CPU's, the fsb can actually be considered as a DDR fsb, cause it doubles it by using DDR technology before DDR RAM was used. so when i say 145 MHz fsb overclock it is actually 290 MHz FSB, which is 24 MHz over the 266 MHz fsb that is standad on the Palimino Core 2100+. But dont push this chip that hard. Since it is the last of the Palamino's, its multiplier will already be pretty high for the core. So FSB overclocking is ur best bet.

Please cool me down :flames
          <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Homeworld, now that we know you are speaking your own language, it's easier.

My fsb is 194. It indeed equates to 388 using ddr, but no one but you thinks of it that way.

If indeed this is a palomino we are talking about, (as homey assumes), 144 is getting close to the limit, they just don't do very well. Tbreds, especially good B's, are capable of much more, over 200 fsb in some cases, sometimes with stock multiplier.

Even a *****whipped P4 can stand more than a 10% overclock.

Comment

DAMN :flames: :flames:
              194 FSB is really good dude, hope you have a nice cooler on that thing braindonor. Your right about it getting close to the limit. Paliminos run very hot. The TBred "a" actually runs pretty hot and cannot clock that great either. so your also right about the TBred B being the best, besides the Barton 2500+. And the 2000+ is a Palimino, and the 2nd fastest of the core type also. The 2200 is TBred a, 2400and up besides2500 and 3000 is TBred B. So i have to say you made a bad choice when picking your processor. But even the 2000 that you have has some issues with overclocking. The Paliminos dont OC well becuase they run really hot as it is, ans the just make a huge jump for each run up u have. So go with the 2400 if u can offord to replace and if you want speed+overclockebility. It is the first of the TBred "b" so it runs nice and cool and is the cheapest. U want to buy an SLK-700 or 800 though for the cooling and put a tornado on top if u want 155+ FSB

And i like your quote about a *****WHIPPED (hope they used Charmin Ultra) P4 being able to clock 10% over. Very nicely stated...:lips: :lips:

Comment

Here is where I got my 2100+:

EXcaliberPC.com is a proven and reliable online retailer for computer products since 2003. Excellent service, fast shipping and competitive prices for laptops, desktop computers, tablets, network storage, PC hardware and accessories.

Looks like I got one of the last 0249's. They have some other weeks that might do as well. Specifying the week takes just a few bucks more.

Comment

Working...
                X