Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overclocking an XP 2400+ with air cooling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well read about my current dilemma (soz but link fixed). ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
      The Volcano 7+ comes w/ a 70mm fan w/ 3 speed switch of which low speed is great for stock-slight o/c in a/c enviroments, medium speed is the great allrounder while High speed is only required when pushin' hard or room temps are very high (like here sometimes) but 7k rpm 60mm fans are louder. : peace2:
      <center>:cheers:</center>
      Wiggo, does the 7+ require to use the power supply cord like this image?

I use up all (1 for dvd-rom, 1 for cd-rw, 1 for master hd, last 1 for the slave hd), only two other different cords left but don't know what they for.
      One of them some what like a square with four holes (two on verticle and two on horizontal):

[00]
      [00]

The other one I don't know how to describe it. Mine is a 350ps.

Comment

Yes it does (unless ya want to find out how quickly a mobo will burn out of course) ;)

In fact no fan (except chipset coolers) should be powered by the mobo for stability reasons as well. But by all means let the mobo monitor them. :)

Comment

Here is the image of the cord that I was talking about

Comment

Not that one as it's only for P4 use mainly, use the normal molex connecter as shown there as that's what I do. :D

Comment

i run my 2400xp at 2481mhz 24/7 with a home made water cooling sys under load its only at 34c love this chip getting xms pc 3500 ram next week then ill see what she can do

Comment

Damn that's quick!! I've got most of the parts for my PC now, just waiting on CPU, case and power supply now.

Comment

Working...
                X