Help with overclocking Corsair Dominator GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with overclocking Corsair Dominator GT

Hi everyone, newbie memory overclocker here.

I am trying to overclock my DDR3 2133MHz ram to 2400 at T1 command rate and tight timings at 1.65V (vDIMM). I did manage to close on to the target spec(I hope) buy going through many many forums online and the motherboard manual and running the Memtest86 full run per change made in BIOS. I have done Memtest86(free version) runs (4 passes per run and 13 tests per pass). When I try running Prime95 on custom settings with FFT Sizes 512-8192, memory to use: 12288(75% I guess), Time to run per FFT: 15. I get 1 error saying "Worker stopped 1 Error 0 Warnings" at around 15 to 20 minutes. I wanted to start tweaking the voltage (vDIMM) once I get the settings stable. I am already a little too close to my comfort voltage of 1.65V.

I am attaching the pics of all the BIOS settings to this post. Please look into this and help me understand where I am going wrong. Any critique or suggestion(regarding RAM or CPU overclocking) is more than welcome. I am trying to learn overclocking memory and also I do work on video and 3D on my system(just in case if people point out that going from 2133MHz to 2400 would not make much of a difference and I am planning to do another RAM overclocking session where I would try to push RAM frequency High on T2 and a little higher timings).

I have a very old system i7-4930K @ 4.6GHz (Max temp 75C), Asus Rampage IV Extreme, Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz 4X4 (9-11-10-27 @1.50V), Corsair H115i AIO, ASUS Strix GTX 1080 A8G(+210 Core and +1000 mem), 1TB Siliconpower NVMe M.2 SSD(Boot Drive), Sandisk 2.5" SSD 250GB, 2TB SSHD, 1TB HDD 10K RPM, Corsair HX1200i (Overkill)power supply.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and efforts.
    Attached Files

Configure on x.m.p solves more problems !

Comment

Working...
    X