[TD][B]Keyboard:[/B][/TD]
    [TD]Rii Ultraslim portable wireless keyboard[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][B]Wireless:[/B][/TD]
    [TD]Netopia 56Mb/s USB adapter[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

I messed around with my computer a bit now that I have it up and running, but I ran into trouble trying to get my FSB:Dram ratio to 1:1. If you're interested, here's the Google Doc with my Bios change log, and the associated CPU-Z screenshots for each log. The first two are everything at default settings. The next one corresponds with Log 1, and so forth. Any paired CPU tab screenshots apply to the same log.

Once I got a wireless adapter I set all my BIOS option back to AUTO and ran Windows Update until it was done. Here are a few screenshots of it's performance throughout the 16 hours that it was updating. I was away for most of it but it seemed like it could be relevant data for someone.

Once Windows Update finished I did run a PC Mark 8 test, the results of which you can find here. A score of 1472 is pretty bad, but it's better than 8% of all scores, apparently.

Following ProfJim's advice I then took out two of my RAM sticks and reset all settings to default. I was going to start manipulating BIOS settings but I ran into problems trying to install a Linksys Wireless G PCI card. My USB Wireless Adapter seems to be acting up as well but it may be interference from my keyboard. Regardless, I've tried two different drivers and neither were able to work with the card, which is a Linksys WMP54G which uses the Ralink RT256x chip as far as I can tell.

*I fixed the link to the Windows Update screenshots. I am in the middle of updating again. I figured having four case fans would make more difference but CPU temps seem to be hovering around 2-3 degrees lower, so still certainly an improvement. fans are running around 1300RPM.
    Last edited by LivingNexus; 03-07-2016, 08:06 AM.

Re: Baby's First Overclock [Pentium E2160]

Are you also using a wireless mouse?
    Can you temporarily use a usb or PS/2 keyboard and mouse?

If you have the 2201 bios version, there is one newer version; 2301.
    There is also a modded 2301 bios version with the following changes:
    • - Replace memory table with P5Q Pro Turbo 602 table
    • - Update Intel RST O-ROM to v10.1.0.1008
    • - Replace P6 table with P6 table from P5Q Premium 2406
    • - Update JMicron to v1.07.28
    • - Update Marvell 88SE6121 to v1.1.0.L73
    • - Update Marvell Yukon to v6.6.2.3

Using the modded bios will probably help higher overclocks.
    A web search using: ket asus p5q mod bios provides detailed P5Q mod bios information.

It looks like you haven't run any Prime95 stress tests with stock settings. It's best to run each of the three Prime95 tests for 8 hours or longer to ensure that your system is stable. A 3 hour test that completes with no errors indicates that your system might be stable.

It's best if you post a cropped screen shot that includes the following:
    • HWiNFO x64 sensor window.
    • Cpu-z CPU and Motherboard windows.
    • Memset v4.1 showing both memory channels where you press the ">>" icon and the SPD icon.

Include detailed information for all stability issues.

Once your system is stable with stock settings, we can go with a 25% cpu overclock with FSB Frequency = 250MHz.
    Keep your memory speeds in the 700MHz - 1066MHz range using 5-5-5-15 primary memory timings.
    Don't try for a 1:1 memory ratio, final tweaked memory timings will be applied after you've reached the best cpu overclock.
    Using 2 x 2GB of memory will make overclocking easier for now.

Copy and paste the following bios template into Notepad or any plain text editng program where you accurately fill in your settings each time you make changes, and then include your full bios settings each time you make any bios changes.

Ignore the settings that are currently in the bios template, but RED settings are recommended.

Asus P5Q Deluxe Sample Bios Template
    Code:
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Lucida Console][B][COLOR="#0000FF"]Motherboard Model:
    CPU Model:
    Memory Brand/Model/Amount:[/COLOR][/B]

[B]JumperFree Configuration Settings:[/B]

AI Overclock tuner: Manual
    CPU Ratio Setting: 9
    FSB Strap to North Bridge: [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]200[/COLOR][/B] for starters
    FSB Frequency: [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]200[/COLOR][/B] for starters
    PCI-E Frequency: 100 <-- 101 should also be OK
    DRAM Frequency: ????Mhz
    DRAM CLK Skew on Channel A1: AUTO
    DRAM CLK Skew on Channel A2: AUTO
    DRAM CLK Skew on Channel B1: AUTO
    DRAM CLK Skew on Channel B2: AUTO
    DRAM Timing Control: Manual

1st Information :

CAS# Latency: 5
    DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 5
    DRAM RAS# Precharge: 5
    DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge: 15
    RAS# to RAS# Delay : AUTO
    Row Refresh Cycle Time: [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]62[/COLOR][/B]
    Write Recovery Time: AUTO
    Read to Precharge Time: AUTO

2nd Information :

READ to WRITE Delay (S/D): AUTO
    Write to Read Delay (S): AUTO
    WRITE to READ Delay (D): AUTO
    READ to READ Delay (S): AUTO
    READ to READ Delay (D): AUTO
    WRITE to WRITE Delay (S): AUTO
    WRITE to WRITE Delay (D): AUTO

3rd Information :

WRITE to PRE Delay: AUTO
    READ to PRE Delay: AUTO
    PRE to PRE Delay: AUTO
    ALL PRE to ACT Delay: AUTO
    ALL PRE to REF Delay: AUTO
    DRAM Static Read Control: Disabled
    DRAM Read Training: Disabled
    MEM. OC Charger: Enabled
    AI Clock Twister: Lighter
    AI Transaction Booster: Manual
    Common Performance Level [10] <-- this wll change with higher overclock settings
    Pull-In of CHA PH1: DISABLED
    Pull-In of CHA PH2: DISABLED
    Pull-In of CHA PH3: DISABLED
    Pull-In of CHA PH4: DISABLED
    Pull-In of CHB PH1: DISABLED
    Pull-In of CHB PH2: DISABLED
    Pull-In of CHB PH3: DISABLED
    Pull-In of CHB PH4: DISABLED

CPU Voltage: 1.????? <-- more voltage will be needed with moderate to high overclocks
    CPU GTL Voltage Reference (0/2): AUTO
    CPU GTL Voltage Reference (1/3): AUTO
    CPU PLL Voltage: [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]1.50[/COLOR][/B] <-- up to 1.59 might be needed with higher overclocks
    FSB Termination Voltage: [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]1.20[/COLOR][/B] <--higher might be needed
    DRAM Voltage: [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]2.00[/COLOR][/B]  <--higher might be needed
    NB Voltage: 1.20 - 1.24 for 4GB of memory
    NB GTL Reference: AUTO
    SBridge Voltage: 1.20
    PCIE SATA Voltage: 1.60

Load Line Calibration: Enabled
    CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    CPU Clock Skew : Auto
    NB Clock Skew : Auto

Advance CPU Settings
    CPU Ratio Setting: 8
    CPU VID: Default
    C1E Suppport: Disabled
    Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
    Intel� Virtualization Tech: Disabled
    Vanderpool Technology: Disabled
    CPU TM Function: [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Enabled[/COLOR][/B]
    Execute Disable Bit: [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Enabled[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

I took a moment to confirm that my BIOS version was indeed 2301. The Marvell STATA driver showed v1.1.0.L73, so I am assuming the rest are probably current as well. The last person who owned this motherboard was planning to do the X5460 mod so they must have made sure to update the BIOS before they sold it to me. I will go ahead and start Prime95 and run it for three hours, then come back with some screenshots.

Though it's annoying, I don't have a wired keyboard, and this little wireless travel keyboard has caused me interference issues in the past with my PS3. I just turn it on to type and then turn it right back off again. I did pick up a wireless Logitech keyboard for free but it's missing the little USB adapter, which of course doesn't work with the wireless mouse I bought. I read somewhere there may be a firmware update for this (they both use a "unifying" adapter) but have yet to find it.

Comment

The nickname I gave my E2140 cpu was Super Slug, but it met my needs when I decided to build an inexpensive, low end backup system years ago. Overclockng this system to 2.80GHz made its performance acceptable for basic use.

Your E2160 is marginally faster, but the E2140, E2160 and E2180 only have one MB of L2 cache. 12MB of L2 cache with my Q9550 is much better.

Checking the FutureMark E2160 PCMark 8 results shows that your 1472 score is well above the average for the Conventional and Accelerated e2160 results.
        There were 24 results in the accelerated 3.0 test that ranged from 0 to 2652, and your score would be in 4th place.
        There were 34 results in the conventional 3.0 test that ranged from 0 to 1966, and your score would be in 5th place.

My PCMark 8 results were somewhat better where my 3633 accelerated score was 58% better than all results and my 3138 conventional score was 63% better than all results. FWIW an overclocked Xeon X5460 should have similar results to my Q9550.

You can probably save yourself a lot of grief if you go to a thrift store and buy an inexpensive wired keyboard and mouse for the time being. Keep in mind that they probably don't have a way to test keyboards or mice to see if they are fully functional.

I gave up on wireless network pci-e adapters years ago when I found that attaching a decent usb wireless network device to a 6 - 10 foot long usb cable provides nearly unlimited flexibility when placing the usb adapter in an optimal place.

I'll do some checking later tonight to see if I can find a better wireless driver for your Linksys WMP54G adapter.
        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers

Comment

Before you go looking too hard, I did end up finding drivers that work, but I think my USB adapter that I've been using is actually faster even though I think it uses a very similar chip. I will have to test its performance later, but the main reason I wanted it was because it came with a 7dbi antenna so that I could possibly use it in my workbench room instead of having to carry it into my room which is closer to the router that sits in another building.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, what do you think of buying a used Corsair H60 and upgrading the fan to something like a Noctua or beQuiet? I had my eye on the H80i because it has a thicker radiator and the fan is supposed to be really good but I'm not sure I could find one for $60, which is probably going to be my upper limit for a cooler. I know I'm just being paranoid but I never liked the idea of having a huge piece of metal hanging off the motherboard, even though I know they're supposed to be built for it, so I want to avoid huge air coolers if I can.

I will also be recording audio fairly close to my PC so I wanted the best balance between cooling and noise, but if it comes down to it I will choose performance and rely on sound foam to dampen the noise. I will probably end up going with an X5470 now that prices have come down and I want to get the most out of it I can so it can (try to) keep up with the GTX 960 I bought on sale. I'm fairly happy with the Enermax T.B. Silence case fans I ordered and I'd like to keep the noise down to around that level if possible. They're rated around 22dba at 1200-1500rpm.
          Last edited by LivingNexus; 03-07-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

From what I saw in Luke's Xeon mod 771 thread, Xeon cpu heat is a major issue.

X5470 (3.33GHz) ebay prices are about $65 - $80.
            Q9650 (3.00GHz) ebay prices are about $75 - $90.
            Is it worth the extra effort to save $10 - $20 on the cpu only to require much more effort to deal with the X5470's heat and higher cpu cooling costs?
            For me the answer is no, but it's your call.

CPU Water Cooling
            Very important!!! Most AIO cpu coolers are NOT compatible with LGA775 motherboards.

Radiator thickness and their fins per inch (FPI) count affects how much cooling they can provide. When the FPI is high, the AIO cooler fans need a much higher static pressure rating. The fan's CFM rating is only part of the package, fan speed and fan blade design are also very important.

Is your computer case with 140mm radiators and/or fans?

A push/pull multi-fan setup can provide 2 - 4o(C) more cpu cooling. Many report that when the fan(s) draw cooler room air through the radiator into the computer case this often provides several more degrees of cpu cooling.

I'm a fan (pun intended) of the reviews at HardOCP.

WMP54G Performance and Reliable Connections

Check out Linksys WMP54G - Review where they say:

• Loose antenna, unreliable connection * itself * resolved ....

Reliability and stability

aw, here come the minuses; long had many problems with the antenna on the card. The connection between the (large, bulky) antenna and the card inside the comp. always went loose. It is this which is becoming unreliable connection was lost because the antenna did not make good contact with the card. Problem solved by soldering the antenna to the brass connection piece in the map, since then no more problems.
            Here's my AIO setup wth my HAF XB computer case:

Comment

So I finished running Prime95 with all default settings, here are the screenshots from that. The first two are from about two hours in, the next two are after the three hour mark. *Here are the test results from the actual Prime95 windows.

I have now made the suggested changes to my BIOS options, here is the changelog. The items in bold are options that I chose that either had question marks in the template or the closest thing to the suggestion I could manage. The CPU options I struck through are ones I couldn't find, though I remember seeing them before, I'm not sure what option I need to change in order to make them show up. It's possible I missed something. I'd also like to clarify that in the Jumper Free Config Settings you had CPU Ratio at 9, whereas in the Advanced CPU Settings you had it as 8. Is this correct?

My PC wouldn't boot when I set the DRAM Freq. to 800MHz, so I knocked it back down to 667. Other than that there were no issues, so I will probably begin the next stress test.

To answer your question, my case can only support 120mm fans, unfortunately, though I do have space for a

240mm AIO cooler if I decide to go that route in the future. I may take some pictures of my case later today. Now that I know what FPI means, I will start looking at those numbers.

*Here is a screenshot of about 15 minutes into a Prime95 test after I upped the CPU multiplier to 9 in the Advanced CPU Settings, which is what I imagine you intended. As you can see, the mildest of overclocks was achieved. I'm not going to stay up another three hours just to test this but I have a feeling it will probably be stable. If I have time tomorrow I will try upping some voltages and see what happens.
              Last edited by LivingNexus; 03-07-2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Check out **Official ASUS P5Q PRO Turbo/PRO/Turbo Owners Club** (All ASUS P45 Mobo Owners Welcome!) - Page 405, post #4042 for list of Asus P5Q general bios settings related to overclockng most Asus P5Q (P45) motherboards.

I copied and reformatted the author's original post to an M/S Word printable document. You can right click on the link below to download this document to your system.

Asus_P5Q_Recommended_Bios Settings_ (ver-2)_Overclock.net-turrican9.doc
                Last edited by profJim; 03-08-2016, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Alright. Sorry it took so long to get back here. I had an issue with Windows Update where my computer would hang at startup...don't know if I should have just waited an hour but I ended up reformatting and re-installing Windows. The reason it took so long was that I tried to repair it first, and none of my methods worked. Now I have a full image backup on another hard drive so this shouldn't happen again. My current install is fully updated now, I made sure to break it up in chunks this time so I didn't run into the same issue. Apparently you can't trust Windows to automatically apply updates in the correct order.

Another issue I re-encountered was that whenever I unplug my PC or clear my CMOS by taking out the battery, I get the "CPU Over Voltage Error." To be clear, this is before I've done any overclocking, right after I get the option to go into BIOS and change my settings (which I always leave at default on a first boot if I even go in there). Hell, I even undervolted it once and it still gave me the error. So I think it may be an issue with my CPU or motherboard. It only ever does this one time, until CMOS gets cleared again.

I don't have an extra CPU to test so I'm wondering if you know of any other way to troubleshoot a failing motherboard. Obviously I will test the PSU first since that could also be the issue. However I don't know that I want to spend the money on an X5460/70 if my motherboard is just going to fail within a few months. I have everything else that I need to finish this rig but I may end up just saving up to buy an i5 if this is more than just a faulty sensor issue.

Anyway, here is the screenshot of my latest stress test, it's not quite three hours because I didn't have that much time, but I have been using these settings for a few days for general computing and it seems stable. The question is, do I want to continue pushing this CPU on a stock cooler when there may be a serious issue with it?

Comment

You reported the CPU Over Voltage Error in mid-October in your other thread, so this isn't a new issue.

I did a web search using: CPU Over Voltage Error P5Q and only found one thread, Q9550 cpu over voltage error on post/BSOD - Overclockers Australia Forums that might explain the problem. In that thread, the OP had a Q9550 and Asus P5Q-Pro motherboard, where he reported that he found CPUv - 0.016v (in red) in his bios. He took his cpu and motherboard to the seller's service center where he says that they found a faulty voltage regulator on the motherboard. Could this be your problem? Maybe yes, maybe no.

Your HWiNFO screen-shows that during your 2.5 hour Prime95 test, the reported Vcore voltage was 1.352 volts for the Current, Minimum, Maximum and Average categories. This tells me that the motherboard chip that reports sensor settings doesn't have a problem with cpu Vcore. The rest of the reported voltages look fine.

Without special equipment, the only psu test that you can perform is a no-load or very low load voltage test and this test is only valid if one or more of the psu voltage wires reports voltages that are too low. The best psu test that you can run is to test with a different, high quality power supply that is known to be working properly.

There might be one or more loose psu wires that connect to the 24-pin connector or the 4-pin or 8-pin ATX_12V connector on the motherboard. To test these wires:
                    1. turn off your system
                    2. unplug the psu A.C. cable from the wall outlet
                    3. press and hold the front panel on/off power switch for 15 - 30 seconds to discharge residual power from your system
                    4. check each wire, one at a time by wiggling or pulling up to see if any of the individual wires are loose where each wire is connected to both of the above connectors

Also check to see if all of the screws that secure the motherboard to the computer case are snug.

Check page 2-23 in the motherboard user manual and make sure that the OV_CPU and OV_NB jumpers are connected to the default 2 - 3 pins.
                    You do NOT want to jumper the 1 - 2 pins for either of these connectors.

You really don't have anything to lose by continuing to use your computer, but based on your current Prime95 temperatures with the stock Intel cpu cooler you won't be able to try for any extreme overclocks. As long as the cpu core temperatures are below 80o(C) your system should be OK.

Provide a list of all optional ASUS applications that you have installed.

In the bios EXIT Menu, select Load Setup Defaults and then only make needed changes for your SSD, hard drive and video card to see if this has any effect on the CPU Over Voltage Error message.
                    Last edited by profJim; 03-22-2016, 04:00 AM. Reason: added link to thread

Comment

So I popped open my case and sure enough, the OV pins were set to 1-2 instead of 2-3. I reset them and everything booted up fine, no CPU Over Voltage error. However, when I tried to reset my overclock settings, I got a black screen with the 1234F: _ prompt. Hitting any other number but 1 just gave me another line with the same prompt. Hitting 1 gave me the error message "MBR is missing". Changing my BIOS settings back to default did nothing. So I guess I messed up my boot drive again. And yes, I did power off my PSU and hold the power button again to reset everything, but I still got the 1234F error.

Other than updating my motherboard drivers and downloading the Marvell Windows Updates, I don't think I have any other Asus programs installed. I'm going to try to restore my SSD from the image I backed up. if that doesn't work I will switch to my other SSD and load windows onto that, and use the smaller one in my laptop like I intended in the first place.

----------------

So, by some unknown means I was able to boot to Windows again. I think it was trying to boot to one of my other drives for some reason. I will troubleshoot this later to make sure, but for now it seems like the mysterious Over Voltage error has been defeated, thanks to your help.

----------------

I bumped up the FSB to 270MHz and the system seems stable after 3.5 hours. Temps got up to 63C but it seemed to hover around 50C for the most part. Once I push the CPU as far as I think it can go, I'll work on getting a 1:1 ratio and possibly pushing my RAM down to CL4. Then I'll scale it back a bit, add the other 4GB of RAM back in. I updated the imgur album and gdoc changelog.
                      Last edited by LivingNexus; 03-25-2016, 01:57 PM.

Comment

So I hit a hard wall jumping from 300FSB to 330. No matter what I did I couldn't get it stable, so I rolled my settings back found that the wall is actually at 313, meaning my highest stable overclock right now is 312FSB at 2.8GHz CPU and 519MHz DRAM. Here is the imgur album with the latest Prime95 screenshots added. Here is the gdoc changelog with my latest settings added -- as usual, the items in bold are the ones I changed. Just for gigs I ran a Futuremark test and got a score of 1815. A marginal improvement but you can't expect too much when I haven't even tried to overclock the video card yet.

Even though these settings were stable, as you can probably see, temperatures were as high as 67C. My assumption is that with higher settings, as temps reached 69-70C, the system would fail. I will probably set it back to 300FSB and use that as my standard overclock. It's too bad I couldn't push it any higher. That said, I have to admit that a 1.0GHz overclock on stock cooling is pretty amazing to me.

So I guess my question is..what's next?
                        Last edited by LivingNexus; 03-27-2016, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Your current 56% overclock isn't too shabby especially with your stock Intel cpu cooler.

From the HWiNFO sensor information, your cpu has a Tj Max setting of 90o(C) and to avoid cpu throttling the cpu core temperatures should be at least 20o(C) below the Tj Max setting for your cpu.

The wall that you hit might be due to using the 200MHz memory strap.

Try the following settings to see if you can easily O/C higher than 312MHz:

Code:
                          [FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=2]CPU Ratio Setting: 8 or 8.5 if your bios lets you use the .5 multiplier  
                          FSB Strap to North Bridge: [B]333[/B] MHz 
                          FSB Frequency: [B]333[/B]
                          DRAM Frequency: 1066MHz[/SIZE][/FONT]
                          The goal is to see how high you can overclock with a higher FSB with "reasonable" core temperatures by keeping the overall cpu speed close to 2.80GHz.
                          Some other combinations that might work include 8 x 350MHz and 7 x 400MHz.

CPU Voltage might need a small increase
                          Row Refresh Cycle Time: 64 might help with stability
                          FSB Termination Voltage: 1.24 <--- slightly higher might help, but keep it at least 0.05 volts lower than the CPU voltage setting

FYI, I right clicked on the last, small screenshot at your imgur.com site, selected the Copy image location, and used the forum editor's Insert Image (from URL) option.

For your latest bios settings I copied and pasted from your Log 4 settings into this post. From the forum's Advanced editor window, after you select/highlight all of the pasted bios settings, you can click on the Wrap Code option (the # key) to include all of the settings in a smaller, scrolling window.

Providing this information directly in the post cuts down on possible errors and makes it much easier to quickly find the information.

Code:
                          [FONT=Lucida Console]LOG 4

JumperFree Configuration Settings: 

FSB Strap to North Bridge: 200 
                          FSB Frequency: 312
                          PCI-E Frequency: 100
                          DRAM Frequency: 1041MHz
                          Mhz DRAM CLK Skew on Channel A1: AUTO 

1st Information :
                          Row Refresh Cycle Time: 60

2nd Information : 

3rd Information : 
                          AI Clock Twister: Lighter AI 
                          Transaction Booster: Manual 
                          Common Performance Level [10] 
                          CPU Voltage: 1.: 1.325
                          CPU PLL Voltage: 1.56
                          FSB Termination Voltage: 1.24
                          DRAM Voltage: 2.1
                          NB Voltage: 1.14
                          CPU Margin Enhancement: Optimized

Advance CPU Settings :
                          CPU TM Function: Enabled[/FONT]

Note: You can include many images in one forum post when each image uses the Insert Image from URL option.

If you want to upload one or more image files in a post, you should use the Insert Image from URL option where you can include image files with one of the following file types:
                          jpg, jpeg, png, or gif

Inserting images this way requires that the web address for a specific image must end with .jpg .jpeg .png or .gif file extension.
                          Last edited by profJim; 03-27-2016, 02:59 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

My BIOS wouldn't let me use 8.5 so I tested 8 x 333FSB first to make sure it was stable, then I kicked it up to 8 x 350. When that was stable I tried 7 x 400 but my system failed to boot.

Code:
                            [FONT=Lucida Console][B][U]LOG 6[/U][/B]

JumperFree Configuration Settings:

CPU Ratio Setting: [B]8[/B]
                            FSB Strap to North Bridge: [B]333 [/B]
                            FSB Frequency: [B]350[/B]
                            PCI-E Frequency: 100
                            DRAM Frequency: [B]AUTO[/B]
                            Mhz DRAM CLK Skew on Channel A1: AUTO

1st Information :
                            Row Refresh Cycle Time: [B]65[/B]

2nd Information :

3rd Information :
                            AI Clock Twister: Lighter AI
                            Transaction Booster: Manual
                            Common Performance Level [10]
                            CPU Voltage: [B]1.33750[/B]
                            CPU PLL Voltage: 1.56
                            FSB Termination Voltage: [B]1.28[/B]
                            DRAM Voltage: [B]2.14[/B]
                            NB Voltage: 1.14
                            CPU Margin Enhancement: Optimized

Advance CPU Settings :
                            CPU Ratio Setting: 8
                            CPU TM Function: Enabled
                            Execute Disable Bit: Enabled
                            [/FONT]

Comment

So I'm thinking maybe my computer doesn't like the x7 multiplier because I could only get the FSB to between 360-370. Increasing the voltages didn't help. I tried it with the strap at 333 and 400 and it didn't seem to make a difference. I seem to have hit a hard wall again. Other people with E2160s seem to be able to break 3GHz pretty easily, sometimes at stock voltages. Did I just get a lesser chip? I'm fine with that, just wondering if there's anything I can do to hit that 7 x 400 sweet spot.

As a side note, I did increase my DRAM Freq. to 842, meaning I'm running at a 5:6 ratio now. Subjectively, my system seems to be performing much faster in terms of loading videos and image galleries, although that's partially a function of my internet connection. I'll have to see if this keeps up over the long term.

Comment

Working...
                              X