No announcement yet.

My Geforce 4 MX 440 DDR put to the max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AGP x'fer rate is 4x.... I'm up to 281/475 without any artifacting...my MadOnion benchmark is just a hair under 6300...with Detonator 40.72.

Should I drop my x'fer rate down to 2X and up the core clock? And how the F**K did you get a 700Mhz????
    What benchmark is that?

Comment

Dropping the AGP rate back to 2x will also drop your scores. I don't know your setup but have a look at my PC No.2 in sig and I get 6300 out of mine with the stock Leadtek drivers from 9 months ago and no operating system tweaking. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well my System can't support anytthng faster than 2x.. i wish it would

Comment

Bummer dude and I know about that prob as well. :(

Comment

Well I guess it's just time for me to build a new system.
            Give this one to the ol' lady and go for broke...(and I mean broke too)

Comment

I've got a MSI GeForce 4 440MX, and I've got it going at 330/500 (Transfur Rate 4x) and it's very stable, I have had it like that since I got the thing, also, the memory on the MSI GF4 440MX board is actually 500MHz memory, but they default clocked it at 400MHz. :)

I think that overclocking the graphics card to 375/621+ doesn't make a diffrence on a 2x transfer rate, and including it being on a slow computer, I reckon if you put it in a modern computer, it would fry at that speed. (Not trying to diss your comp' btw) :p

The only problem I'm having with this card, is that when I use auto-update to get the bios for the graphics card, I can't seem to download the damn thing, it's there, and it's newer than the bios already on the card, but I can't get to it, if anyone knows where I could get a direct-link to the download, please, share your wisdom. (at the moment I've got a self-modified NVidia GF4 bios)

Comment

nah it's alright.. I'm aware of my Crappy system.. it beats not having one at all.. and it can execue what i want it to.. (maybe not as fast as i would want.. but it still get's the job done.
                as i told a few of members o nthis board.. I don't use "standard" overclocking.. i just don't crank the speed up.. I do my own modifications to the actualy circuit board.. I'll attempt to get a pic of it soon

I'll see how far I can get it Oced on this system i should get soon

Antec Plus1080AMG Tower Case Metalic Grey w/430W
                Intel P4 2.8Ghz 512k Cache,533FSB Socket 478
                --OR--
                Intel P4 2.53Ghz 512k Cache,533FSB Socket 478
                --OR--
                Intel P4 3.06Ghz 512k Cache,533FSB Socket 478
                Asus P4T533C Socket 478 Motherboard
                Corsair 512MB Non-ECC Rambus 800MHz 184 Pin RIMM
                ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB 8X AGP Video Card
                Artec 48x12x48x EIDE CDRW with Nero 5.5/ Black
                Vision Black 16x40 DVD Rom Drive
                1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive (Black)
                Seagate 80GB EIDE / 7200 RPM / 2MB / 9.5 / ATA-100 / Hard Drive
                USR V.92 Internal PCI Fax Modem
                Creative Labs SB Audigy MP3+ Sound Card
                Speeze P4 (478) Cooling Fan
                2x Antec 80MM Translucent Case Fan with Green LED
                10" 3.5 Round Floppy Cable, 1 Drive
                2x CTG 24" Round Ultra ATA Internal Cable

Don't complain that it's Intel.. Personally I like the bandwidth faster :D And I will get RDRam 1600 soon..

Comment

Hey, I thought that today, of all days, I'll try getting my stuff overclocked even more than what it is, and play around with the voltages, and all of those overclocking essentials, I though since the DDR ram from my GF4 is suppose to be 500 MHz, why can't I push it further?

So I put up the AGP Voltage to 1.6v (instead of plain ol' 1.5v) and used my precious Riva Tuner to up the clock on the DDR to 526MHz (Which is compliant with the reference clock) and see how it'd turn out. I done a benchmark on Unreal Tournament 2003, and found out it went about 3 frames faster than before; it may not sound much, but for UT2003 it is! I haven't tested any higher than that yet, but I'll get there - let me know if anyone tries this, and gets a good result. :D

Anyway, another thing that'll help that overclockable GF4, a new beta detonator driver! (Suppose to be 25% faster than the 30.xx drivers)

Windows XP version (41.03)

Windows NT version (41.03)

Windows 9x/ME version (40.72)

( :p @ Sepherum's Intel comment )

Comment

Working...
                  X