possible mobo collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: possible mobo collapse

RMA? Does that mean get new ones? What is wrong with the PSU? Does it need to be more watts? What PSU would you advise? I'm going to end up with a whole new rig at this rate! Lol
    Processor - Ivy Bridge i7 3770K OC @ 4.7GHz
    MOBO - Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    BIOS - F7
    Heatsink - Noctia NH-D14
    HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500Gb
    SSD - Crucial M4 128Gb (Boot Drive)
    GPU - 2 x Sapphire Radion HD 6950 in Crossfirex config
    RAM - Kingston HyperX 2x4Gb @ 1866MHz
    PSU - XFX 850w core bronze cert
    Case - Bitfenix Raider
    Mouse - Logitech G9x

Comment

Yes, that means contact the manufacturer and request new ones due to faulty units.

Return Merchandise Authorization is what it means, you contact them asking for return/replacement/repair and they send you a RMA number and you return the faulty units under warranty.

Comment

I know this is an old post now but just to give it closure for any one reading it, It was the Motherboard that had gone. I'm still not sure what caused it but i think you lot are correct in saying the poor PSU had something to do with it. I actually saw smoke comming from a small chip which had a heat sink attached to the top when trying to boot up the computer after the initial fail. I'm not sure what to do with the PSU as it still operates fine and would probably do for a very basic computer but i don't want to sell it incase it affects someone elses computer. The motherboard was outwith the warranty so no RMA unfortunatly. It was binned and replaced with an Asus P7P55-LX.......... which doesn't fit in my damn case as the MSI was a micro ATX and the Asus is a standard ATX. . Thanks for the advice every one, you were a great help.
        Processor - Ivy Bridge i7 3770K OC @ 4.7GHz
        MOBO - Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
        BIOS - F7
        Heatsink - Noctia NH-D14
        HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500Gb
        SSD - Crucial M4 128Gb (Boot Drive)
        GPU - 2 x Sapphire Radion HD 6950 in Crossfirex config
        RAM - Kingston HyperX 2x4Gb @ 1866MHz
        PSU - XFX 850w core bronze cert
        Case - Bitfenix Raider
        Mouse - Logitech G9x

Comment