No announcement yet.

am I lucky or what?! (cracked Duron)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Orb? I got me a WBK38, it has like the largest heatsink I've eer seen. Just imagine if they made this puppy out of copper. I don't think they do cause it would be too heavy.

Comment

Perhaps that's why they are working on the anti-gravity slot for the ZQWX984 motherboard. That would solve the problem of heatsink weight.

Comment

dragon orbs wiegh about 700 grams, so yer heatsink is pretty light. i have seen a problem with the globalwin fans where the connector can come loose and therefore cause the heatsink to be easily movable

Comment

wow 700 grams? that's even heavier then the CAK38. Which is about 440 grams. 700 grams is like twice the weight of my heatsink. I have stepped down :(

Comment

That be heavy bro.

Comment

The way technology is going now its gonna come to the point that we're either gonna start needing heatsinks the size of pentium 1's again.......or there gonna require water cooling or some type of extreme cooling be it peltier LN or some other type of varient. Cause heatsinks are getting just to big that we already need use of all three feet on the socket. I've already heard stories where now the socket under goes so much pressure that the actual socket got pulled out of the mobo. I can't even begin to imagine me being on my computer and hear a clunking sound my screen turn black I smell smoke comming out of my PC I open her up and to see my processor fried and my video card broken casue my heatsink fell on it?

Comment

phe4r my heatsinks wieght.

but i havent had a problem with it wrecking the cpu, it clips on very securely.

Comment

Still just the thought that your HSF is nearly twice the weight of a CAK. Here I am thinking a CAK is to heavy to go lanning. And your lanning with on twice the size? sheeeeeeeesh!

Comment

Originally posted by Birdkiller
                    its more likely to occur during removal or installation of the heatsink, ive seen that before, hey beefy? :D
                    Those clips are evil, i tell you.. EEEVIL!!!!

Comment

Comment

athlonxp 1500 for 100? You can get a NEW athlonxp 1900 for less money at newegg.com.

Comment

my AXP IS new (my friend sells pc stuff) and remember that i`m in Uruguay, so 100 USD for an AXP 1500+ is actually a very good price...
                          And you didn`t said nothing about OCing the darn chip!!

Comment

USD means United States Dollars doesn't it? Then again internation shipping rates could be outragous. So maybe your right. But an AthlonXP 1500 on newegg is half the price of that 100. heh oh well

Comment

Not only the shipping, Demon, but the taxes also... I have to pay 26% IVA (impuesto al valor agregado, added value tax), so a 60 USD (united states dollars) turns into about 110 when I add 35 USD to ship it over the 75 it costs with taxes......... I hate living in the 3rd wolrd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thou it has some advantages (hormone less chickens, lots of cows, etc......) :smokin:

anyway, i raised the FSB to 140 Mhz and got a AXP 1600+ and OCed the GF3ti200 to 200/450 and got 7350 3dmark points!!!!
                              yay!!!!!:flames:

Comment

Good score - English teacher teach me how overclock it more fun than English

Comment

Working...
                                X