No announcement yet.

how much voltage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup. I've seen some people that can't get their P4 1.6A to overclock worth crap--and this is a very overclockable chip (only 1 stepping last I checked).

In otherwords, whatever you get is a gamble, though some have the potential to beat the odds.

Comment

ye altohugh different steppings improve....an AGOIA has a 90% chance of hitting [email protected] with teh rite equipment:D

Comment

That's really all it boils down to even gettin' the best quality hardware you can afford but it's still a gamble and how good ya luck is. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
          hi all!
          for a while now i've been considering an upgarde to an Epox 8K3A from my ASUS A7V266E.....and while the tiny performance gain from the upgrade would not be worthwhile, the main attraction for me is the dividers for 166fsb and available cpu vcore up to 2.2volts...and i wanto know whether i'd be able to take much advantage of teh extra voltage.
          You see i have a swiftech mcx462...and it handles 1.85V with ease...but could i expect to hacle much more? i don;t think it's worth the upgade unless i can use at least 1.95V....what do u ppl think? would i be ablt to use teh extra voltage or would it be a waste of time?

also keep in mind that my case ventilation is excellent and that ambient temperature is quite cool in sydney and reaches about 30 at most in summer.any comments appreciated
          :cheers:
          I'm runing at below speed but need 2.00 Vcore, why ? What is the changes you made in Cmos ? Help . Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Flaco
            did you try it with out upping the voltage?
            How to do that, pls advise ? Thanx

Comment

To make voltage changes go into the BIOS, then into the Frequency/Voltage Control section and make the adjustments required there. Your motherboard manual will explain all this. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                To make voltage changes go into the BIOS, then into the Frequency/Voltage Control section and make the adjustments required there. Your motherboard manual will explain all this. ;)
                I need more detail of the overclocking for my motherboard.

Comment

The manual will also explain were to raise the FSB in the BIOS as well as change memory timings. The BIOS is where all that is done with that board. While overclocking only make small changes at a time and check for stability at each change before going higher. If you go to far the computer will stop reponding and then you'll have to clear the CMOS (also explained in the manual). And always keep a close eye on your temps as if these get to high you could do damage. :smokin:

Comment

yea it;s all in teh bios...u can;t miss it...just scroll through your bios menus:bounce:

Comment

Working...
                    X