Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UD3P/Q9400 Can't go past Stock Speeds? Help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD3P/Q9400 Can't go past Stock Speeds? Help??

First off, let me give my computer parts in case it matters.

OCZ GameXtream 700 Watts PSU
    GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard
    Q9400 "NOT Q9300" Quad core cpu
    Freezer 7 Pro CPU FAN HSF

G.skill ddr2-1066 - 2x2gb -2 sticks for 4gb total
    Seagate sata II- 320 GB hard drive
    SAT DVD burner
    Radimax Dirk-tooth case, 4 fans, in and out
    Home Premium VISTA 64 bit

I might have missed something but I'm sure these are the parts that would be most important. It's the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard. If I go over 8 X 333 it is either unstable or will refuse to boot. I've heard and read of people oc'ing to 3.5 Ghz and that would be impossible for me since I can't go over the stock speed of 2.66Ghz Q9400 CPU.

Is there a guide that gives step-by-step detailed instructions on how to overclock my computer?
    I've Googled many times and I can only find where people overclocked
    and are sharing how well they did, no detailed discussions on HOW they overclocked this motherboard/cpu combo.

I'm only wanting to go from the stock of 2.66GHZ to perhaps 3.0GHZ, I'm not asking to go as high as others have gone, just a tad Overclocked.

So is there a detailed step by step instructions on the web for my
    motherboard's chipset/bios settings?
    USA Government should required by federal law to issue $2,500 vouchers to every citizen towards the purchase of a new computer system every year. ALSO, vouchers can be sold/traded/bought and combined, and vouchers have no name on them for combining and selling vouchers.
    Can you imagine how many MILLION jobs this would create?

Re: UD3P/Q9400 Can't go past Stock Speeds? Help??

Theres probably gona b an issue with the RAM voltages im guessing, since its an OC model, you shuld check the manual to see which voltages should be bumped up, Since ur using 2x2GB ram,

i think the MCH voltage need to be increased slightly, theres tons of forum posts regarding this topic, take a look at them.
    Asrock P55-Extreme
    Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
    2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
    ASUS HD5850
    1TB Samsung SATA II
    Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

Originally posted by randomness View Post
      Theres probably gona b an issue with the RAM voltages im guessing, since its an OC model, you shuld check the manual to see which voltages should be bumped up, Since ur using 2x2GB ram,

i think the MCH voltage need to be increased slightly, theres tons of forum posts regarding this topic, take a look at them.
      I'm a noob so can you explain what OC model means? And MCH voltage? It's 2 x 2gb 1066 ram, G.Skill brand @ 1.8V
      USA Government should required by federal law to issue $2,500 vouchers to every citizen towards the purchase of a new computer system every year. ALSO, vouchers can be sold/traded/bought and combined, and vouchers have no name on them for combining and selling vouchers.
      Can you imagine how many MILLION jobs this would create?

Comment

i am having the same problem. EP45-UD3 and Q9400 , 2 x 2gb Corsair.

Everytime i change settings, it either
        -boot twice to screen where u can press Del to enter BIOS.
        -or boot normally without any change and i get a message when i get back into the Tweaker menu in the BIOS that says that the changes haven't been applied due to Boot failure.
        - i tried to up FSB, and voltage, and diverse other settings, but none worked. still stays stock.
        - i already disabled the DES. [ Dynamic Energy Saver ]

if Anybody can help for that one. that would be really good.

Comment

Working...
        X