what am i missing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what am i missing.....

B4 i start i just want to say i am new to overclocking......

I am using an asus a8n-sli deluxe with an amd 64 3000+, as i said b4 i am new to overclocking so i am using that pc for testing settings etc.
    My problem is that when i use the bios auto overclock option(10% overclock) windows say the cpu is running @ 1980mhz and cpu-z say that i have a vcore voltage of 1.23, htt of 220.mhz, multiplier of 5x and core is running at 1100.1mhz now if i do try to use the same values that cpu-z is giving me instead of overclocking the cpu i am underclocking it.... am i forgetting to change so settings or what????

Re: what am i missing.....

Sounds like you have Cool and Quiet enabled in bios. That is why it is self under****ing and running the 5X Multi.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by Dia
      B4 i start i just want to say i am new to overclocking......

I am using an asus a8n-sli deluxe with an amd 64 3000+, as i said b4 i am new to overclocking so i am using that pc for testing settings etc.
      My problem is that when i use the bios auto overclock option(10% overclock) windows say the cpu is running @ 1980mhz and cpu-z say that i have a vcore voltage of 1.23, htt of 220.mhz, multiplier of 5x and core is running at 1100.1mhz now if i do try to use the same values that cpu-z is giving me instead of overclocking the cpu i am underclocking it.... am i forgetting to change so settings or what????
      I understand that being new to overclocking would persuade a person to use the auto-overclock feature, but as you get an idea as to what you are doing, you should ditch this feature and manually overclock.

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter
        Sounds like you have Cool and Quiet enabled in bios. That is why it is self under****ing and running the 5X Multi.
        You are right, Cool and Quiet was on, i have turned it off now and cpu-z is reporting a higher multiplier, thx for the help :)

Comment

Working...
        X