Amd 3200+ Vience 64 settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amd 3200+ Vience 64 settings

How can i set my cpu to a 3500? I do not see any options to selct which cpu speed you want. Thank you

Re: Amd 3200+ Vience 64 settings

I guess I'll post elsewhere...........

Comment

Why would you be able to set it to 3500? That's not how overclocking works.

Perhaps I'll be more helpful tomorrow, but I just don't feel up to going through the steps to overclocking right now. Several other users have some competence in this area and they can cover you if I don't. Otherwise, Google for a guide.

Comment

Well i guess I was used to my old 1700+ and setting it to a 2400+.

Comment

For more detailed info read THIS and you'll better understand how lengthy/envolved Athlon 64 OC'ing can become. Mileage/difficulty will vary depending on several variables here:

1. Your Hardware/CPU stepping
          2. Bios options available
          3. Chipset North/South
          4. 3rd party OC utilities

And finally, your use of applied OC knowlege/choice of PSU may hold sway here beyond all best efforts.

My advice, read your mobo manual till you're comfortable with all bios settings then read/reread the above OC Guide, print it out, download some OC Utilities and with guide in hand do and learn. Just take it slow and sure rather than trying to do the Big jump all at once, learn where the Bios Jumper/Battery are located so in worse case scenario you can reset bios to default..........and if you're Not having Fun you won't likely get it Done.
          Last edited by dryadsoul; 02-03-2006, 04:53 PM.
          Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Well i have read that but i thank you for your help, but i think it pertains more to ath xp's and p4's. I currently have my 3200+ vience @ 220 fsb X 10 = 2200Mhz. Is this good? How could i get 2400mhz (my goal speed) without raising the fsb to 240fsb? By the way i have played CSS for an hour and am shure its stable. I'm typing this post at that speed. What is the settings to run 2.4 ghz? Thanks...

Comment

You cannot get it to 2400MHz without raising the FSB to 240. If you are worried about your ram running to fast, set a divider in bios. Set it to boot up @ 166MHz and with the FSB set to 240MHz it will be running around 200MHz. You need to use a program like OCCT or PRIME95 to test for stability. You may also need to raise the Vcore slightly to run @ 2400MHz. There is no set answer, you need to go up in small steps and test for stability. OCCT is a good test as it takes 30 minutes and if it passes that, then your settings are pretty stable. Running Prime95 for 12+ hours is the best test for true stability.

This webpage has the bulk of the programs you will need to download for testing:
              GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
              AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
              Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
              Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
              Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
              PC P&C 500W PSU
              2TB Seagate
              Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Thank you Casecutter! I understand the divider thing a little bit better now. At first i was looking for a 1:2 setting lol. My bios did not have that. I set it to what you saud and im @ 2.4ghz easy. Thanks. Do you think my ram could run @ ddr 480?

Comment

Here are couple of screenies for my Winnie/Soltek/OCZ rig that might help.
                  I've found on this system the benchmarx score much higher running the mem at tweaked 400DDR rather than 550DDR.....but mileage does vary depending on hardware/settings.

Last edited by dryadsoul; 02-06-2006, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks for those photo's. My 3200+ is actually a new revision that is a manchester core with one core disabled. Cpu-z will not reconize it but you can read more about it herehttp://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81557It seems like all good news. Look for the pic of the barcode and the 640kb of cache, that is my cpu same thing. I downloaded a program called GCCPUID to confirm this. It says mine is ndeed a manchester.

Comment

Glad they helped ya out. Anymore unless you buy your CPU from re-sellers that actually list it by the core stepping, it's pretty much luck of the draw getting a good OCer!

I purchased the 146 Opteron CAB2E 0546 UPMW that nobody stocks anymore from one of these sellers $200 shipped!

Comment

Working...
                      X