My computer...and its issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My computer...and its issues.

Hi, I have recently been trying to overclock my computer, its a Celeron D 2.53 ghz and so far the highest I have managed to get it by upping the fsb is 2.71 ghz before it becomes unstable and I have to restart. The heat levels are staying within normal areas as far as my heat sensor thinks, any suggestions?

Celeron D 2533 MhZ
    760 Ram, 1 256 (PC3200 DDR) 1 512 (PC3200 DDR)
    460 (60 gig Seagate, 400 gig Seagate)
    400 Watt PS.
    Fan cooling, 3 fans, no heat issues I have seen.

Re: My computer...and its issues.

I haven't used Intel for years, but the principles for overclocking are similar across most platofrm. One helpful piece of information, however, would be what type of motherboard you are using. This is often the single most critical component besides the processor for good overclocking.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

It came with my computer and I havnt had the money to replace it yet, its an Intel D845GVSR, I dont know a huge lot more about it other then what the Intel website has to say about it, which is practicly nothing.

Also I noticed when ive gotton it to 2.71 ghz the heat hasnt moved more then 2 degrees F, about 1.6 or so, somewhere around there, but if im playing music off my computer when its clocked to 2.71 it gets jumpy, like a cd that skips. Rawr -.-
      Last edited by BinnY; 01-14-2006, 01:05 PM.

Comment

It sounds to me like it doesn't have a working PCI lock, but then I could have sworn Intel left all overclocking options out of its boards' BIOSs.

Comment

Buy ya a AMD!!!
          Main Rig-Clr full tower 7 colored fans,Asus A7N8X-Deluxe,Athlon xp3000+,1.5 gig pc3200,Saphire 9600pro 256 mb,Evercool wc101 water cooler,Ultra 500 x-connect,Maxtor 120,Dvd-rom,Dvd-ram,floppy,Windows XP pro sp2,2003 office pro...

Comment

I take it that you must be using software to overclock that and that in itself has its own limitions in that it only manipulates the FSB.
            Even though your chipset is capable of locking the AGP/PCI buses Intel is likely not to have enabled it as Intel at that time was strongly against overclocking (they're not all that with it now but they do have 2 overclockable mainboards now).
            Your biggest problem with overclocking your mainboard is that you have no voltage adjustments.

Comment

Working...
            X