Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help!

Hi.

I have an AMD Barton 2500+ with a MSI K7N2 Delta-L Mobo. I have 512Mb of ram running in duel channel (2* 256MB) and they are both PC2700 DDR 333.

Question: I see that people are always saying that to overclock, raise your FSB by small increments, the thing is: On my mobo I only have a few choices: 133 MHz FSB, 166 MHz FSB, 200 MHz FSB or 400 MHz FSB. from what I can see, I cant raise it just a little at a time. So, is overclocking out of the question?

Re: Need help!

It wouldn't be out of the question if you had better RAM, but it might not be possible even if you did. Unless there's a newer BIOS or an option you missed that lets you choose every speed between 100MHz and 200MHz, it's probably not possible for you.

Comment

Can you change your DRAM divider, timings, voltages?

Comment

Yes, I can change all the rest, but not the fsb [by a little at a time].

Comment

AH HA! FABULOUS! Ive found out how to set it in small increments (1MHz At a time)

Now that that is solved, I would like to know what my memory timings should be.

I have 2 sticks of PC2700 DDR 333 256MB (512 MB Total) Running in dual Channel.

Current timings are: 7 - 3 - 3 - 2.5

Thanks for your help.

I also forgot to ask, why is it that after I raise the FSB Over 180, that windows wont boot up anymore? I get somekind of corupted file error????

Thanks
          Last edited by gameon1313; 12-29-2005, 01:09 PM. Reason: Add-On

Comment

Originally posted by gameon1313
            I also forgot to ask, why is it that after I raise the FSB Over 180, that windows wont boot up anymore? I get somekind of corupted file error????

Thanks
            Because the RAM can't run that high, and overclocking the FSB overclocks the RAM, too. You can try putting the timings at 3-4-4-9, but chances are that the RAM just isn't going higher than where it already is.

Provided you don't do that, change tRAS to 8 and leave all the other timings where they are.

Comment

Its working for now, Ive tried what you said and I am getting 181 FSB, I will keep trying to go up one at a time and let u know. Thank you buckets!

---EDIT---
              Forgot to mention, 43 degree temp. is it too hot? (IDLE)
              Last edited by gameon1313; 12-29-2005, 01:23 PM. Reason: Add on

Comment

It's a little higher than I like for Idle, but it's fine for now.

Comment

Well, ive gotten her high enough for tonight. Ive overclocked it to 2.17 GHz at a 48 celcius idle. No, their is no mistake, I did say 48. I know its high, But it will have to do until I get my new cooling system next tuesday. Still not bad for a first timer :D

Thanks for your help m8. It was greatly appreciated. But you havnt seen the last of me :P Ill stick around, and learn stuff :D

Comment

Working...
                  X