Xfx 6600gt 128ddr3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfx 6600gt 128ddr3

hey guys im thinkn of OC my 6600GT. The current temps are 50c idle and 62c load r they ok??

Re: Xfx 6600gt 128ddr3

Yes those temps are perfectly fine.

Comment

Whats software should i use?
      cause i knw theres afew out there

Comment

(Click to download)

Coolbits 2.0 - A registry hack which unlocks the overclocking feature in the NVidia control panel.

ATITool - Although it says "ATI" the artifact scanner function works fine with nVidia cards.

3DMark (any version) - For stability testing.
        3DMark05
        3DMark03
        Last edited by RenascentMisanthropy; 12-29-2005, 04:12 AM. Reason: dosen't recognise html coding

Comment

kool thanks

Comment

O yeh if i do overclock will it degrade the life span of my vga card? even if its within the normal temperature range after the OC

Comment

A lite o/c shouldn't harm the life expectency but medium to heavy o/c can (it's very possible to kill a card though this usually only happens under a heavy o/c).

Comment

the normal speeds are 500/1000 4 my card so whats lite???
                cause i got it up to 560/1120 with no problams or ne artifacts the temps went up by about 1 degree

Comment

You could shorten the 5 year lifespan of a video card by 6 months by overclocking it to the max. Would you really still be using this card in 4 1/2 years? Even if you are, I would almost guarantee it would still function 100%. If you effectively remove the heat, the overclock does nothing to the lifespan. If you let things get hot, they live shorter lives. You can run something at purely stock speeds and it can quit tomorrow. You can overclock the bejebus out of it and it could live ten years. Unless someone ever shows a direct link to shorter lifespans and overclocking, then it is all garbage. I have a factory overclocked BFG OC 7800GTX. It comes with a lifetime guarantee. Why on God's green earth would they offer this guarantee if overclocking did anything at all to the lifespan.

Heat is the only true enemy. Heat kills, not overclocking. If it heats up, get the airflow in your case improved or even put a better cooler on the card. Overclocking does not shorten lifespans unless you do something stupid. The proper way to do a 24/7 overclock is to test the component until it shows signs of stress (reboots or errors for CPU, blue screens or artifacts for a video card or ram) and then back it of 10%. That should be a 100% stable overclock that will not effect lifespan by any significant value, say maybe a couple of months.
                  GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                  AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                  Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                  Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                  Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                  PC P&C 500W PSU
                  2TB Seagate
                  Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

thanks 4 that reply i feel more at ease and yes i agree i prob wont b using this Card in 4yrs time

Comment

How many people keep a videocard for 4 or 5 years?

I usually pass my old gear off on eBay after a year or so, when I freshen up my hardware.

Comment

Well as long as it still works you can use it especially for older games (you can still sell GF2s online for around $15), but any four-year-old video card is completely obsolete for modern graphically-intensive games.

Comment

hey r the bfg 6800gt oc good cause im tinkin about getting one

Comment

Get the cheapest one you can and overclock the crap out of it, and keep it cool.

The idea of a 25mhz factory OC is pissweak. More of a marketing thing than a noticable performance hit. With a 6600GT you'll there will be a noticable performance hit at around 550-570mhz.
                            Last edited by RenascentMisanthropy; 01-08-2006, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X