Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased Volts On 7800GTX

Hi Guys,
    My system is in my sig, basicly i have been mad about overclocking my video cards for ages and ages ,but my GTX is a pretty rubbish overclocker and i was wondering wiether anyone can sugest some programs to increase voltage to my video card. As i have seen programs which do this for the new X1800 cards.
    Thanks,

Re: Increased Volts On 7800GTX

Soldering Iron, some VR's .. and a steady hand.

I went out looking for a way to Vmod my GT after trying to clock the crap out of it. I'm not steady enough with a soldering iron, so I won't be doing any Vmodding.

Comment

Your 7800 watercooled too?? It should OC better than that! I can get real close with the stock cooler but was thinking about getting a better fan or even a waterblock and seeing just how far it could go...as it is basically the same core as the 512meg version.

Comment

Originally posted by matm347
        Your 7800 watercooled too?? It should OC better than that! I can get real close with the stock cooler but was thinking about getting a better fan or even a waterblock and seeing just how far it could go...as it is basically the same core as the 512meg version.
        lol.

Comment

I just wanted to update with my new numbers after the Arctic cooler install. On stock cooling I could get 500/1300, I can now get 525/1440 with a max temp of ~62C. I'll update with my 3d 05 scores after I run it.

UPDATE: I just got a 9376 '05 score which is up quite a bit considering the 8926 with the previous clock settings.
          Last edited by matm347; 02-01-2006, 01:15 AM.

Comment

An alternative is running a home pedastil fan on highest level about 10cm away from case with a wet towel over the back of the fan =)

Comment

Totally off topic:

Originally posted by RenascentMisanthropy
              3DMark06 = 3250
              Do you have an ORB link for that? I'm curious, is that stock ? Driver version? clocks?
              E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

I searched for this and found that the 7800GT guys have a BIOS editor where they have successfully changed the Vcore to 1.5V and have increased their OC quite a bit. They have not gotten it to work on a GTX yet, but hopefully they will soon!

Comment

Originally posted by matm347
                  I just wanted to update with my new numbers after the Arctic cooler install. On stock cooling I could get 500/1300, I can now get 525/1440 with a max temp of ~62C. I'll update with my 3d 05 scores after I run it.

UPDATE: I just got a 9376 '05 score which is up quite a bit considering the 8926 with the previous clock settings.
                  Best I could do with my XFX 7800GTX was 465\1390 with the stock cooler. (70-75c)
                  after installing the Artic Cooler NV5 I can do 490\1390 (60-65c). but still nowhere near what other people are getting with theirs..

Comment

Working...
                  X