X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please I need help.

Dear Friend,

I have two questions and I hope you wil give me the answers in detail:

1. My CPU is Athlon XP 2500+ Barton Core 333 FSB which can only be overclock upto 3200+ (Because there is no ther option to overclock it in between that). I tried once and it was burning like hell (According to Speed Fan soft). So now I wanna buy a Thermaltake CPU cooling system (Beetle) and also Thermaltake Power Supplier of 410 WT. Now just tell me are these sufficient to overclock upto 3200+ without any harm or problems? Please let me know.

2. I have two Graphics card 1. ASUS GeForce FX 5200 128 MB with 64 Bit and Sapphire Radeon 9550 256 MB with 128 Bit. Now tell me in detail how can I overclock these graphics card as I never overclocked any graphics card before. Specially is there any option to overclock Sapphire Radeon 9550 to 9600 Pro or 9700! Please let me know.

Thanks a lot.
    Antar <Kuasha>
    My PC configuration is:
    Athlon XP 2500+ Barton Core 333FSB, M. Board: ASUS A7N8X-X NForce 2, AGP card: ASUS GeForce FX 5200 128 MB with 64 Bit & Sapphire Radeon 9550 256 MB with 128 Bit, RAM: 256*2 DDR 400 Bus PC 3200 of Kingstone & Twinmos, Hard Disk-80GB.

Re: Please I need help.

Originally posted by antar786
    Dear Friend,

I have two questions and I hope you wil give me the answers in detail:

1. My CPU is Athlon XP 2500+ Barton Core 333 FSB which can only be overclock upto 3200+ (Because there is no ther option to overclock it in between that).
    Actually you can overclock it as high as your RAM will go. What RAM do you have?

As for your video card, you'll need to uninstall any video card drivers you have (with the 9550 being in the computer). Reboot. Then, go here and download the softmodded Catalysts. Install them. Reboot. Go back to that site and download ATI Tool. Take the core and memory clocks up in small amounts until the 3D cube displays yellow dots, which are called artifacts. You can also use this manual overclocking in conjunction with the "find max" buttons for core and memory. You can let the program find the maxes entirely on its own, but that would take a long time. When you do find a setting that doesn't give you artifacts, take down both speeds by 5MHz or more.

Comment

Dear Friend,

If you are asking for my PC RAM than it is 256*2 DDR 400 Bus PC 3200 of Kingstone & Twinmos. But I also wanted to know if there is any option to O/C my ASUS GeForce FX 5200 G. Card! If it is then upto what?

Thanks a lot.

Antar <Kuasha>

Comment

Google coolbits. It's a simple registry entry that puts the overclocking option into the nVidia control panel. You can overclock manually or let the machine automatically detect the "best" settings, which won't really put it very far. It's a bit easier than overclocking ATI cards, but it doesn't really have as many good features as ATI Tool.

As for your RAM, that will hold back your overclock at about 2.2GHz, though you can't get much further than that anyway.

Comment

Dear Friend,

At first I wanna thank you for your replies. I am going to buy another 512 DDR 400 Bus PC3200 RAM of Twinmos tomorrow. And I also want to add that I already bought CPU cooler of Thermaltake "BEETLE". So just tell me by the help of these two how far I can O/C my CPU (Athlon XP 2500+ Barton Core 333 FSB) without any harm? Is there any option to OC this particualr CPU from 2500+ to 2700+ or 2800+ or 3000+?
          Waiting for your reply.
          Thanks a lot.
          Antar <Kuasha>

Comment

You probably can't overclock it any further than 2.2GHz. You simply go into the BIOS and increase the FSB as well as the CPU voltage (should be VCORE in the BIOS). Take the FSB up in small amounts, and run a program called Prime95 (google it to get it) to make sure it's stable. When it becomes unstable, take the voltage up, then continue raising the FSB. Again, you probably can't go any further than 2.2GHz, which is an FSB of 200MHz.

Comment

Dear Friend,

Again thanks for your kind replies. Actually for the first time I am going to O/C anything. That's why I wanted to be clear about that. Now I understood a lots of things. But though I am asking you for the last time (If you don't mind) that will these two (Thermaltake CPU cooler "Beetle" & Power Supply Thermaltake's 420 Watt) do the job for me to OC just at 3200+ without any harm!!!!! And already me & one of my friend tried to O/C my CPU just at 2800+ or 3000+ from 2500+ as I never wanted to create any pressure over the CPU but just failed. Only it O/C to 3200+ from 2500+. So if I use Prime 95 will it be possible!

Thanks a lot for your nice co-operation.

Antar <Kuasha>

Comment

The cooler and power supply should do the job fine. Thermaltake isn't necessarily the best PSU company, but in this case I think the unit will handle it. My 420W handled that same overclock (2.2GHz) pretty well.

Comment

Dear yaw..,

Thanks a lot. It was really an excellent experience for me to get the informations that you provided me in a very simple & easy way. Though you didn't mention that either I can O/C from 2500+ to 2800+ or 3000+. But thanks again. If I ever face any kinds of problem I will definitely let you know about that.

Antar <Kuasha>

Comment

Working...
                  X