Your suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your suggestions

Hey, just wondering using my bios overclock on the Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard, with a A64 939 3200+(stock 2ghz), ATI Radeon 9800XT, 1024 Kingston Original Ram(512x2)

where should I start with? Im using a multiplier of 9, and my HTT is at 245 for 2.2ghz but im not really impressed, and when windows loads it takes about 2 minutes after i type my usr/pwd... Oh and voltage i have it set at 1.650

any suggestions would be good, i have about 5 air fans in my case. But im not looking to kill my processor anyways...

Re: Your suggestions

Usualy when it takes that long to load there is some problems with the RAM, or at least in my experiance. If you can, up the voltage to your RAM and/or loosen the timings.

Are you running the RAM 1:1 with the CPU? If not what ratio are you using?

Comment

Long load times can also be the result of software/driver loading issues. It may be worth your time to have a look at your logs to see if anything is "hanging" during startup.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Well, after playing around a bit I figured auto for some options would be best.
        But a ram voltage of 2.8v works well.

How would I check logs for what hangs up when windows boots? I don't know much about windows logging automatically and where it's kept...

Comment

Get Hijackthis from the link in my signature and post the log.

Comment

Working...
          X