Need help with alot of voltage and other oc settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with alot of voltage and other oc settings

Ok i am very new to this so bare with me. Ive been looking all over google for help and guides but none of them can seem to answer my q's so i thought maybe this place could.

specs r: p4 2.53 (at 533 fsb), asus p4p800 se, pc 3200 OCZ 2x512 running in dual channel, radeon 9800xt, and a huge case with about 8 fans for cooling

i am very new to oc a cpu but ive got most of the basics down. my problem is that when i set the bios to ai overclock i can get it to all the way to 30% witch makes the cpu run at 3.3ghz. now when i disable the ai and do it manually i can only barley make around 2.8 ghz.

i think my problem is, is that im to unfamiliar with the voltage setting. what is a good cpu voltage setting to start off at and what is a voltage setting that you would not want to go past on?

also what is a good dram voltage setting. is it fine to set it all the way up to 2.85v?

i cant figure out why the ai overclock can get it to 3.3 and be stable but i cant get it to even 3.0, ive tried setting the cpu to a 1.62v but even then still crashes once windows loads. any help on that?

also in my bios power management theres a setting called qfan conrol. should i have this enabled or disabled. and once u enable it you get a ratio setting of 11/16 all the way up to 15/16 any1 know what that means?

so if any1 could give me a good list of voltages to set stuff to and a answer of why i cant get very high it would be appreciated. thanks

edit: also how do i find out my default vcore and vdimm voltages?
    one last thing, how do i change the ram to fsb ratio? ex: 5:4 or 1:1, i dont see the option for that anywhere in my bios. Thanks for readin this and helpin me out in advance.
    Last edited by steve-0o0; 06-17-2005, 05:23 AM.

Re: Need help with alot of voltage and other oc settings

The AI Overclocker most likely sets 1.65V to the core and reduces the memory timings plus may also add a little more voltage to the memory (2.7-2.8v).

Also because you have a 533MHz bus CPU a lot of BIOS options are not available to you (this also includes 400MHz versions) that are available to those with 800MHz bus CPU's (the CPU/memory ratio being one of those).

Comment

so is 1.65v safe for being air cooled? there is a ton of fans on this case, 2 intake, 3 outtake, 1 on the door, 1 on the top, and 1 for the psu. also what would be a safe tempature for the vcore. and can you tell me if 2.85 for the ram is safe or over doing it?

Comment

With the memory you have, 2.85v should be fine as it sounds that your case should have some decent airflow and 1.65v is what I consider to be the safe max (P4 Northwoods are known to die quickly with 1.7v or more applied to them).

Comment

Working...
        X