Need overclocking advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need overclocking advice.

Hey all I am new to overclocking and would like your advice.

My setup is

P4c800e deluxe
    P4 3.0 northwood
    1GB corsair xms 3200c2pt
    250 gb hard drive
    ati 9800 pro

What should I overclock it to.

Thanks all help is apreciated. Thanks from am overclocking noob.
    Last edited by dpcturbo91; 05-23-2005, 11:18 PM.

Re: Need overclocking advice.

Go into the Advanced section of the BIOS and set the AI Overclock Tuner to manual which will then open the overclocking options. Set the AGP/PCI Frenquency to 66.66/33.33 and start playing with the FSB and voltages but one word of warning, do not set the core voltage to or above 1.7V or you'll soon toast the CPU. Another thing is that if you're using a standard Intel HSF then 3.2GHz will likely be around your limit but a better copper HSF may get you to 3.5GHz.

Comment

I agree with wayout to a degree, but I would suggest try the AI overclocking first, 5%, if it is stable try 10%, if that is stable try 20%, I could not get to 30% which would effectively bump me over the 4gig, I have had my 3.2 up to 3.84 (20%) on stock cpu cooler.

If you get "system failure due to overclocking" message it is no biggy, just reboot back to bios and lower the oc, once you have established your upper limits the go back to manual and fiddle about with manual settings until you get your desired oc running stable.
      E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

What kind of timings should I use for my memory?

Comment

Working...
        X