Im Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im Stuck

I have an ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe MB, 2 sticks PC 3500 Geil Golden Dragon 256 Ram(512 total)
    Barton 2500 Processor
    Dual Raptor 10000rpm Raid 0 HD
    Ram timing 6,2,2,2
    Radeon 9800 PRO 128
    Memory synched with FSB
    FSB at 175 X12.5
    Vcore-1.7
    Vdimm 2.8
    Cannot get stability any higher, Im running a heat pipe with 7200 rpm fan, cool max 550 PSU, and 2 filtered intake case fans, with 3 exhaust fans and one pci exhaust fan under vid card....AGP aperature size???? tried 64 and 128 but don't know what is best.....benchmarking 17000+ on 3d2001se.....How can I get to 200 FSB???

Re: Im Stuck

I haven't used that particular motherboard but I have the same processor that runs at 200MHz at all times. I'm betting that it will either be an internal setting inside BIOS or your memory timings are too tight. I'm betting it will be a BIOS issue, though. There should be some means to force the BIOS to se the base speed of the FSB to 200MHz instead of 133 or 166. Either that or you need to find where it allows you to change the ratio so your PCI and AGP ports are either at or very close to their default bus speeds (this is a common killer of successful overclocking). As far as I know that motherboard should be able to handle the task.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I don't undeerestand PCI AGP ratio

Comment

The PCI bus is designed to work at a speed of 33MHz while the AGP bus works a bit faster (66MHz bus speed). When you overclock a system and don't lock these speeds at their default, a ratio is applied coverting the speed of the memory downward by a set divider to allow the PCI and AGP buses to work at their designated rates. In older systems that did not allow you to lock these bus speeds, the higher you cranked the memory (and FSB for that matter), the faster the PCI and AGP devices went as well. Since there isn't usually a huge tolerance with these devices, they were often the cause of not being able to overclock to higher levels. Make sure that the PCI and AGP buses are locked at their respective speeds or that a ratio setting within BIOS is used to keep these bus speeds as close to default as possible.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Thanks....my mb is rated to pc 3200 is there a problem using better ram pc 3500...what is the correct Aperature setting...match the video card of 128 or use default 64?

Comment

Working...
          X