HELP!!!Overclock emachine w/ AMD 3200 XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!Overclock emachine w/ AMD 3200 XP

My computer is an emachine 3265, 2.2ghz XP 3200,1gig pc2700, integrated geforce4 mx4000 gc, I tried to adjust the cpu fsb and multiplier, and it wont let me, i cant change the gpu speed either, if anybody has a solution please tell me. thanx

Re: HELP!!!Overclock emachine w/ AMD 3200 XP

Can't overclock OEM (e.g Emachines, Gateway, Dell) computers; can't overclock onboard video. Give up.

Comment

Well you can SLIGHTLY overclock the cpu, but with software applications like SoftFSB or CPUCool.

Comment

Hi had xp3200 good std chip........but crap overclocker ......don't bother........either go the route of an XPM2600 (mines clocked @ 2.6ghz -XP3800!) or save your money and go for a 64bit jobby.....friend has got a cheap 2.8ghz 64bit jobby.....and it really is very good.....+ I gather it will overclock very well..........I'm afraid you've reached a 'x' roads!
        Regards
        Richard

Comment

The XP chips will overclock fairly well if you have the right motherboard and a proper cooler.

The cheapest A64 is the 2800(1.8GHz) he probably got that one. The highest is the FX55 (2.6GHz) at the moment so just thought I would piont that out.

EDIT: The s754 2800 is 1.8GHz and the s939 3000 is also 1.8GHz.
          Last edited by Amd_Lover2004; 02-26-2005, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggalo_Dan
            Well you can SLIGHTLY overclock the cpu, but with software applications like SoftFSB or CPUCool.
            Not worth the effort. The vast majority of them only give in-session OCs and many of them just don't work.

Comment

Working...
            X