Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking AMD 2600 With MSI K7N2G Mobo

Hello guys...

I just unlocked my AMD2600 by connecting 2 of the L5 Bridges. I am using a program called CystalCPUID to monitor my speeds and etc.

I have made it into a AMD 2600 -M and also unlocked the multipliers so that it goes up to 24x.

The problem that I am getting is that when ever I try to increase my multiplier it crashes the system. By default it is 11.5x for a AMD 2600.

Does anyone know why this is happening. I am a bit new to OCing but I have read a lot of stuff so I kinda know what to do and what not to do.

Is it because my mobo does not like it? Everything is registering fine. It is showing that my CPU is a AMD 2600 -M and it shows I can change multipliter to 24x.

Is it because of my mobo? Or is there a step that I have left out somewhere?

Re: Overclocking AMD 2600 With MSI K7N2G Mobo

Are you trying to overclock using a program, or are you doing it via the BIOS?

Comment

On most websites... it is telling me to overclock it using the CystalCPUID program... I have also tried using CPUMSR program too and both of them freezes my computer when ever I try to increase my multipliers.

Here is the web site where I got all my information from.

EDIT: I tried chaning the multipliers through software and hardware. When changing it from the BIOS the speed does not seems to change... but in the BIOS it says that the multipliers has been changed.
      Last edited by Z-Blade; 01-10-2005, 11:14 PM.

Comment

The speed won't be changed until you save the settings. Change the multiplier, reboot, and see if it's faster. If not, then the CPU isn't unlocked for whatever reason.

As for the sites, ignore them. Just use the BIOS.

Comment

Working...
        X