Overclocking My FX 5200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking My FX 5200

yes i know that the FX 5200 is crap, i am updating to a 9800xt soon but in the meantime i need to oc my 5200. I tried using coolbits which opens up another menu in the regular forceware menu so you can change clock speeds but then when i clikc apply, okay, and go back to the menu the clock speeds are back in their original spots, is there any other drivers that are for nvidia but not made by nvidia so i can overclock?

Re: Overclocking My FX 5200

I had an FX5200 non-Ultra for a while, so I know your pain :] Never overclocked it, but did you check "apply settings on startup"? Other than that, RivaTuner is one of / if not the most powerful display tools out there [compliments ForceWare drivers], including overclocking options. If you don't have active cooling on the card, don't expect to get much farther than stock. Also, unless that 9800XT is second hand, consider the AGP NVIDIA 6600GT, which 90% of the time outperforms last generation 5950U / 9800XT by a good amount, are selling for much less and can actually be found, plus it offers current technology.

Comment

Re: Overclocking My FX 5200

yeah before you posted this i changed my mind and am going to get the 6600GT and i just the problem is fixed i just o/ced it a little bit like 30 mhz

Comment

Working...
      X