No announcement yet.

P4 1.6A GHz ---> 2.5GHz is that limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4 1.6A GHz ---> 2.5GHz is that limit?

I have a P4 1.6A, and i have try to overclock it to 2.48GHz(155*16) when it using a original cooling fan. But i have change to cooler master JET 4 still cannot overclock it to 2.6GHz, just can goto 2.5GHz(157*16), the temp of cpu is 36'c-37'c when i using the original cooling fan, and the cooler master make the cpu temp go to 32'c-33'c. I have try to set it to 2.6GHz(163*16) but failure. Is any pro can help me to slove this problem? And what Vcore should i set? thanks.....!!!!!!

increase the VCORE by about 0.05 volts and see if you can get any higher.
    dont increase the VCORE by more than 0.15 volts.
    keep an eye on th temps when increasing the VCORE.

Comment

Agreed. 1.7V and over is a good way to send that P4 to an early grave.

2.5GHz is really a damn good OC for the 1.6A. Generally, they do 2.4 pretty easy tho.

Comment

yes, i made it and is work..!!!! thanks Morgan_Lander. i have try to set that vcore to 1.7v, is work now i have run it at 2.6GHz(163*16) and run the test like 3Dmark03..., no hang, no overburning and im very happy about that.

Comment

haha i got mine to 3.1 on watercooling! =D gj so far tho....try to OC a little more.

Comment

Re: P4 1.6A GHz ---> 2.5GHz is that limit?

Hi, I am in the same situation..155x16...My m/b is the Abit BD7II-RAID with Crucial XMS 512mb PC3000 Ram (2x128 & 1x256); and I would like to try to get a little more from my system.

Where/how do you change the VCORE in the increments you identify? And I need help with setting the memory timing and what they should be.

My settings are as follows;

155/66/33
            33 hz fixed
            x16
            High
            4:3
            15%
            2.7v

thanks much...

Comment

Working...
            X