No announcement yet.

Overclocking...at the breaking point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i must have been typing my last post when you posed yours. sorry if i seemed like a dick or anything.
    anyway. i agree with wayout44 the aquarious II is not realy that good a watercooler. it doesnt have enough water int he system to allow it to properly cool. its main advantage is noise.

EDIT: i dont think youll be able to overclock that processor any further without a better cooler. still youve got it to a god speed. its faster than mine whch is at 220x10, mines air cooled dunno what it would do with water.

Comment

Ill be adding two fans and some round IDE cables to my case this weekend. Get the temps down a little and try a little more. Btw I moved my case and lowered the temps to 43C idle and 49C under load

Comment

I have increased the voltage of memory to 2.9v and the 1.92v to the vcore but I am stuck at 227x11. Anything higher loads into windows fine but I get errors running programs like aquamark3. I have tried lowering the memory timings from 2-2-2-5 to 2.5-3-3-7 and that didnt do anything. I think I might have to increase my vcore more but is that safe? Right now my temps are at 43C idle and about 47-48C under load. I also plan on putting some higher rpm fans in my Xaser II on Monday to lower the temps some more

Comment

i wouldnt increase the vcore any further. you have a very good overclock and your probably at the limit of the processor now.

Comment

Working...
          X