X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Asus P4C800 Deluxe overclock

My friend has this mobo:

Asus P4C800 Deluxe
    One stick of 512 DDR3200 (nothing special)
    P4 2.4 800 mhz busspeed
    Intel stock cpu cooler
    About 460 W PSU

He is very new to overclocking and I am to lazy to read up on the mobo so I simply ask you guys; How do I get a decent overclock?

How much CPU volt?
    How much buss speed?
    What other changes should I make in bios?

Also, in bios it says that CPU temp is 60C, wich I think is a bit high. Could the heatsink be wrongly aplied?

He is not looking for a massive overclock, just something that will increse performens. The system should still be STABLE.

Any help is helpful =)

Tnx!!!

Originally posted by Murak
    My friend has this mobo:

Asus P4C800 Deluxe
    One stick of 512 DDR3200 (nothing special)
    P4 2.4 800 mhz busspeed
    Intel stock cpu cooler
    About 460 W PSU

He is very new to overclocking and I am to lazy to read up on the mobo so I simply ask you guys; How do I get a decent overclock?
    Maybe I'm to lazy to tell ya anything except that his system is bein' strangled by only usin' 1 stick of memory instead of 2.

[b]How much CPU volt?
    How much buss speed?
    What other changes should I make in bios?

Also, in bios it says that CPU temp is 60C, wich I think is a bit high. Could the heatsink be wrongly aplied?

He is not looking for a massive overclock, just something that will increse performens. The system should still be STABLE.

Any help is helpful =)
    It sounds like that case has very poor airflow for that sort of temp and it's unlikely that the HSF is fitted wrong unless it hasn't been clamped down but ya'll need to address cooling b ya attempt to overclock that sucker.

Comment

Thanks Buddy! I will recomend him to get another stick of ram to do the Dual-Kanga. Airflow is weak in his case, couse of all the noise stop-material. I will see to that he get some more (and silent) fans. Then about that overclocking part.. I played around in bios and got to [email protected] with some extra volts, then 2.66 but it did not boot windows. So I gues it became to warm. Thanks again!

Comment

It's likely that ya'll have to change the CPU/memory ratio to 5:4 which is under "DRAM Frequency" in the Advaced section and the settin' needs to be changed from 400 to 333 (it'll likely show as 320 though).

Comment

Working...
        X