Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review my rig and tell me what you think.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review my rig and tell me what you think.................

This is my Rig so far. I am trying to build a low server class machine for video editing, gaming, and to overclock.

My Machine
    Antec SOHO ViewPlus Case
    2.6C P4 with HT
    one 512MB Centon PC3500 memory stick
    Aopen AX4C MAX Motherboard
    One Maxtor SATA 120GB Hard Drive w/ 8MB cache
    Thermaltake Volcano 7 CPU cooler Xaser Edition
    WIndows XP with SP1

The memory timings are defaulted at 2.5-3-3-7-1 but I have already begun experimenting with its timings and have gotten stable marks @ 2-2-3-6-1. I still need a video card (probably Radeon 9800 pro) and other little stuff before I start messing with voltages and clock speeds. I just want to know what you think and any improvments that can be done to achieve a better and more stable overclock.

I'm going to add another 512mb stick to activate the DDR and another 120GB SATA drive to activate RAID for faster read/write. Just tell me what can be done to improve it.................

Well gettin' both memory controllers goin' well help ya a lot but remember to get the exact same module as ya already have or if ya can't sell the one that ya have and get 2 others the exact same.

Comment

Yeah man. You definitely need two sticks for that system. Running single channel will cripple your bandwidth and give you some pretty crappy performance.

Also if I were you I'd get a different board. The AI7 is awesome right now, and the p4p800 is a great one too. I've never heard very good results with aopen.

Comment

I ended up getting over 3.0 GB per second bandwidth from my one stick. Is this good for one stiuck or not. I'm not familiar with bandwidth standards......

Comment

That's normal for one stick.

However I get 6000mb/s...

Comment

:eek:Wow....... Is that with one stick or two????

Comment

Originally posted by liquidice281
              :eek:Wow....... Is that with one stick or two????
              That's with 2 sticks which is why we've been tellin' ya to get 2 but make sure that the 2nd is exactly the same make and model as the 1st one.

Comment

Yes its Dual Channel, and I would have 6400mb/s or so if I had an 875 Canterwood board (PAT).

The difference between me and you, is you are getting 3000mb/s buffered....while I am getting 3000mb/s unbuffered...huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                X