No announcement yet.

Burning the CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try setting the P2P-Discard Time to 1ms. I had the same problem when i tired overclocking after switching to a SATA drive and after changing the P2P value from 30ms to 1ms everything worked fine. Also, make sure you have the newest version of the bios, I know for Abit AMD boards they fixed some problems with SATA drives in later bios revisions.

Comment

Did you format and reinstall when you changed your board and system around?

If you are still running on the same install you were before, then that's probably your problem.

Comment

I agree with necro.. try updating the BIOS. It's one of the most important thing.

Comment

where can I find the settings for P2P Dicard Time?

Comment

Sorry Im mergeing again:)

But How do I find my BIOS Version?

Comment

EXT-P2P's Discard Time can be found under Integrated Peripherals on my abit mobo. If you have this setting, try chaning the value to 1ms.

Comment

I cant find this Setting. When I go to Integrated P, where do I go from there. Onchip what? IDE? And then when Im there where do I go? Does this option show up right away when you go to Integrated Perephials?

Comment

Its right under Integrated on mine but I have an AMD mobo so Im not sure if you can even get the option on an intel mobo but you can try updating your bios if you dont have the latest revision.

Comment

You haven't answered my question yet - did you do a clean install of windows with the new motherboard/hardware?

Comment

I bought I all the parts from scratch and then just built with all the new parts and Installed Windows XP on a clean SATA HD.

Comment

I afraid of my temps. What is a good temperature checker for windows? I am using Hard Ware Doctor, but everyone knows that is not true.

Comment

They all read from the same sensor.

Comment

Darkerick, I am getting very tired of merging your new threads that are all on the same topic. I have tried PM you on this matter, but it clearly didn't do any good. Please keep all related subject matter in the same thread.

Comment

could it be timings2.5-4-4-7.

I have an Abit IC7
                              1 GB Corsair 3700 DDR(466Mhz) RAM
                              ATI Radeon 9600 128 MB
                              P4 2.6cMhz
                              Western Digital 120 HD SATA
                              FSB is @ 210 and AGP is set to 66/33. What timings should I start approaching?

Comment

now, When I overclock to 215 FSB, the computer starts beeping like crazy. So I reset the CMOS and now Im back to 2.6cGHz
                                200 FSB
                                timing 2.5-4-4-7
                                AGP fixed 66/33

I want:
                                233 FSB
                                any timings that will go with it
                                AGP 66/33
                                N/B Strap CPU as By CPU

Is that supposed to be very difficult, why can I get past 210 FSB. I have Abit IC7 BIOS 17 the latest one?
                                OH and I just played STAR WARS Galaxies for like 4 hours and my CPU Temp is 49.5 C. Thata bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X